Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck me. 100 pages back and you are all creaming your pants for him, now it's classed as dodging a bullet.

Love these threads.

Well said.

I got blasted for saying we shouldn't sign a 34 yr old.
Now the sentiment has reversed.
Apart from 34 year old pros there's nowt as fickle as football fans.

there is some speculation that his new bride had something to do with Paris>Manchester. If you're a fashion model, suppose only logical

This, and his own crazy fashionista self, all day long! Manchester is a promotional struggle when faced with the likes of London, Paris, Milan, Barcelona, Madrid, and maybe even Munich and Turin, so the player has to be a certain mentality or really, really want to be here. I cannot imagine the number of players lost to the well known Manchester weather, and even though the city itself may be experiencing a little bit of a renaissance, it is far from a thing of beauty...which is why the leaf burbs of Alderley Edge, etc...are lauded and loaded with players.

FTR, I was never a big fan of this move and I think we really need to get one decent RB in and bring Maffeo back in. If Pep is the coach he claims to be, Maffeo has all the tools he needs to develop into a Pep player.

Looking more like we are going to splurge £80-90M on two FBs this summer. UFB!!

Would've made good depth and a good older leadership presence but not bothered as long as we get some work done on that front soon. Was always going to be backup anyway.

For the ounces who shout " snubbed" to other teams and their fans, this actually looks like one on the plate.

As for the transfer that was "only a matter of a few details", I pity it as I think Alves could have done a job for us. On and off the field. That was my view a couple of weeks back when the rumours started and it hasn't changed because the player snubbed us. Btw he's not the first player who is influenced by the misses who apparently has her work connected to Paris and ... she's a real beauty, so who can blame Alves.

Peps magic isn't that special after all. His presence helps but in the end it's not all that counts to make a transfer happen. As I say: No use getting excited up until the moment the player is pictured in a Citytop or signing a contract with Txiki next to him.

if those wages someone posted were correct, he should not be angry at him. He would be crazy to accept 6 mil. per year if he was offered 14.

That's pretty much it. Equally I'm not surprised if we were unable/unwilling to match it. I'm a bit gutted to have missed out as I think he would have been a good signing, both on and off the pitch, but it's a big salary for a 34 year old back up.

PSG's strategy works for a great number of players, pay extremely high wages. I suspect Dani desired very much to reunite with Pep but surprising that City wouldn't come close to the wages when his addition could've/would've been key

Plus, Paris has a number of Brasilians in the squad with whom Dani is close - interestingly enough there is some speculation that his new bride had something to do with Paris>Manchester. If you're a fashion model, suppose only logical
It would have been nice of him to have said this from the outset, I dont think this was a last minute decision.

Its why the club rarely if ever comments on bids or possible signings anymore as well.

Yes we where in for him but officially, its like we never where to be honest.

That's pretty much it. Equally I'm not surprised if we were unable/unwilling to match it. I'm a bit gutted to have missed out as I think he would have been a good signing, both on and off the pitch, but it's a big salary for a 34 year old back up.

I think it was. PSG saw an opportunity to gazump us late on and took it by offering a far bigger salary.
well we cant blame him tbh, last big payday n,all that. but as you say, it's a lot to pay a 34 year old back up.
that would reek of desperation...PSG are obviously going all out to beat Monaco this season,especially as Monaco are losing their great team of last season.

Alves is a good addition to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.