Dani Olmo

Arrives late into the box, works his bollocks off, clinical finisher, clever movement and brilliantly links up play. Versatile too. Can seemingly play all across that front line, including striker.

Not one of the ‘fashionable’ (/high profile) ones like Musiala, Wirtz but a fantastic player.

Hope the rumours are true that we’re in for him. Although he’s another Isco at this stage!

Fully agree I mentioned Dani Olmo's qualities earlier this week on this thread he's a very dynamic player, who when fit will be a very important squad member for any team with his potential impact, although many rightly have concerns over injuries and the fee involved, it honestly could seem like chump change if we can keep him fit.

Yesterday's performance wasn't actually amongst the best I've seen from him for me, it's pretty much how Dani Olmo can play as long as his teammates are on his wavelength, he's a top playmaker he's obviously had his injury problems but we need more creatively in the centre of midfield.
With the FIFA Club World Cup coming up to further congest our fixtures and the new UCL format we're going to need a bigger squad to prevent player fatigue, we're already a man light after not replacing Gundo's impactful role in the final 3rd last season and that could've cost us with worse injury luck, not having an extra player in the middle who is a potential match winner in the upcoming campaign it might cost us big this time round.

Kevin De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva as horrible as it is to think about there's a high probability both leave us in the next couple years, so there's still room for a Musiala or Wirtz type player to go with Olmo should we choose him or someone similar this summer.
Ideally we need 3 versatile playmaker types in the middle so two others along with Phil long-term to provide our wings and attack the best supply, that way we'll be prepared for the massive fixture congestion and always have somebody very creative centrally.

It's okay to be worried about Dani Olmo's injury record he's missed a City sized season worth of games in the past few seasons, if Pep Txiki and the medical team believe we can fix his muscular problems and prevent any future flare ups then I trust them.
Dani Olmo has had a lot of muscular issues and I think this could actually be more him overexerting himself in an ever pressing team, he's overdoing it for them knowing he's RB Leipzig's main hope he's going the extra mile but they'll be less pressure here to win games on his own.
With better quality teammates around him taking up better attacking and defensive positions his defensive workload won't be so intense, it'll take the stress and strain from it and with security behind him he can concentrate solely on his role creatively and pressing defenders.

We also need help for Rodri which cannot under any circumstances be ignored with even more games this season, help for Rodri a keeper (if Eddie is definitely leaving) and a playmaker who can graft like Dani Olmo have to be our priorities this summer.

Dani Olmo's statistical averages per 90 minutes during the 2023/24 domestic campaign compared to Lucas Paqueta
Dani OlmoLucas Paqueta
Shots2.801.37
Key passes1.991.48
Shots on target0.810.27
Assists0.310.21
Goals0.250.14
Statistics correct as of 08/07/2024

We need this sort of creativity.

Big night tonight
I think if he performs he gets a transfer to a big team
Bit of an audition
If not us can see a chelsea or united going for him
Mainly because we have been linked with him and they just want to buy anyone they can

Big night tonight
I think if he performs he gets a transfer to a big team
Bit of an audition
If not us can see a chelsea or united going for him
Mainly because we have been linked with him and they just want to buy anyone they can
He passed the audition against Germany, IMO. It's a big night, though, I agree. I expect a very close game with few chances. Let's see how he does.

It was never for debate that he was a good player.

My main concern is with his injury record.

If the club believe that its not a big deal and they can get over it like Gundogan, then im all for this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.