Daniel Agger (continued)

Adbs said:
If making a series of bids for a player doesn't equate to Agger being a target then I don't know what does.
Mancini is trying to save face I think.

Why would Mancini need to save face? :-?

Adbs said:
If making a series of bids for a player doesn't equate to Agger being a target then I don't know what does.
Mancini is trying to save face I think.

Half of what Mancini says to the media is a lie. We should all know this by now

There are (tabloid, admittedly) rumours that Agger is unhappy at Liverpool and would consider leaving:

When asked what it would take for him to leave Liverpool, Agger said: “If I don’t play. If the manager doesn’t think I’m good enough, that could make me leave Liverpool.

“I’m here to play football, nothing else. So if I don’t play football then I don’t want to be here any more.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/439760/Liverpool-s-Daniel-Agger-ready-to-quit-Anfield-over-lack-of-football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... f-football</a>

Now obviously there is a huge chance that this is all total bollocks, but hypothetically speaking, if he were to be available do you think he'd be a good signing for us? He's experienced in the Premier League, a good communicator (he captains his national team), and very comfortable with the ball at his feet. Plus being left-sided he would complement Kompany well.

I think he'd be a decent signing, providing he didn't break the bank.

Better than our present options but i'd like to think we could find a superior. He's not exactly cultured,being 'uncompromising' in his approach which often leads to him being prone to fouling and underhand tactics.

Basically....... if he isn't good enough for a Dippers defence then surely we shouldn't be considering him for ours?

kippaxblue76 said:
Would he get a game for Bayern/Barca/Madrid, ?? no thanks, we have got to aim higher. There is only one player in the red dippers squad I would have, LS.

Navas, Negredo, Jovetic and probably Fernandinho wouldn't get a game for those clubs either. I doubt anyone other than Kompany and possibly Silva/Aguero would start with any regularity for those teams.

kippaxblue76 said:
Would he get a game for Bayern/Barca/Madrid, ?? no thanks, we have got to aim higher. There is only one player in the red dippers squad I would have, LS.

FWIW Barca tried to buy him last summer and I think he would get a game for them.

FromPollockToSilva said:
kippaxblue76 said:

Navas, Negredo, Jovetic and probably Fernandinho wouldn't get a game for those clubs either. I doubt anyone other than Kompany and possibly Silva/Aguero would start with any regularity for those teams.

Not saying all our players would but anyone we buy should be able to if we want to be at the top of the European game IMO.<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:17 am --<br /><br />
moomba said:
kippaxblue76 said:

FWIW Barca tried to buy him last summer and I think he would get a game for them.

Really ? So he cant get a game for red dippers but would play for Barca ?

kippaxblue76 said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
kippaxblue76 said:

Not saying all our players would but anyone we buy should be able to if we want to be at the top of the European game IMO.

Well then we've got an problem, as anybody currently good enough to play for those teams will either be already playing for those teams, choose to move to one of those teams over us (Isco) or will cost a fortune that we won't be willing to pay (Cavani).

We need to get much better at identifying young talent and having a more long-term strategy for the first team. Hummels, Blaszczykowski, Subotic and Gundogan and Lewandowski cost Dortmund next to nothing and all of them would improve most squads in the world.

Why exactly isn't he getting a game for the dippers? He's their best central defender? Been caught nailing brenda's wife maybe? He's better than all of our central defenders except Kompany, he would be a brilliant purchase.

Asking if he'd get into this squad or that squad is pretty pointless, but fwiw he'd not be out of place lining up for pretty much any of them. If you think both first choice central defensive options for all top clubs are notably better than Agger you're mad. Iirc the main thing that's kept him at Liverpool is his love for the club.

Agree above with identifying young talent, though we're still in need of some more immediate fixes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.