Daniel Agger (continued)

FromPollockToSilva said:
kippaxblue76 said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
Navas, Negredo, Jovetic and probably Fernandinho wouldn't get a game for those clubs either. I doubt anyone other than Kompany and possibly Silva/Aguero would start with any regularity for those teams.

Not saying all our players would but anyone we buy should be able to if we want to be at the top of the European game IMO.

Well then we've got an problem, as anybody currently good enough to play for those teams will either be already playing for those teams, choose to move to one of those teams over us (Isco) or will cost a fortune that we won't be willing to pay (Cavani).

We need to get much better at identifying young talent and having a more long-term strategy for the first team. Hummels, Blaszczykowski, Subotic and Gundogan and Lewandowski cost Dortmund next to nothing and all of them would improve most squads in the world.

Agree about the sourcing of the best young talent but we will still need to buy the odd world class player to get where we want to be as we did with Yaya, Silva and Aguero.

adrianr said:
Why exactly isn't he getting a game for the dippers? He's their best central defender? Been caught nailing brenda's wife maybe? He's better than all of our central defenders except Kompany, he would be a brilliant purchase.

Asking if he'd get into this squad or that squad is pretty pointless, but fwiw he'd not be out of place lining up for pretty much any of them. If you think both first choice central defensive options for all top clubs are notably better than Agger you're mad. Iirc the main thing that's kept him at Liverpool is his love for the club.

Agree above with identifying young talent, though we're still in need of some more immediate fixes.

Wouldn't be in my top 20 CH, also wrong age for us.

cant see him leaving liverpool for another english club.
the qoutes are true though, the interview was to danish tv and they were his exact words.

he would be a fantasstic addition for the defence, would probably alternate with nastasic depending on the opposition.

thomasobDK said:
cant see him leaving liverpool for another english club.
the qoutes are true though, the interview was to danish tv and they were his exact words.

he would be a fantasstic addition for the defence, would probably alternate with nastasic depending on the opposition.

He would be an upgrade on what we have but not long term, we need to look at someone around 22/23 years old IMO

kippaxblue76 said:
adrianr said:
Why exactly isn't he getting a game for the dippers? He's their best central defender? Been caught nailing brenda's wife maybe? He's better than all of our central defenders except Kompany, he would be a brilliant purchase.

Asking if he'd get into this squad or that squad is pretty pointless, but fwiw he'd not be out of place lining up for pretty much any of them. If you think both first choice central defensive options for all top clubs are notably better than Agger you're mad. Iirc the main thing that's kept him at Liverpool is his love for the club.

Agree above with identifying young talent, though we're still in need of some more immediate fixes.

Fair enough, I'd love to know who is (And I bet it includes Subotic and Hummels ;)), but I disagree strongly on the second point. He's exactly the right age for us. Whichever centre back we go out and purchase, if at all, should be 28/29, 30 tops. Experienced, 3/4 seasons at the top left, capable of leading (which he definitely is). Bring Nastasic in slower, he'll have his time in the sun and he's got his whole career ahead of him. By the time someone like Agger was ready to go Nastasic would/could be one of the best defenders in Europe.

The other issue is even if there were 20 central defenders better than him, could we actually buy any of them? I never thought we'd be able to buy Agger, but if he's throwing up a come and get me plea..!

One of the best players that's get-able as he's not cup tied. Personally I reckon Barca would go for him due the fact he is unlikely to move to a premier league team and he like Barca as a team anyway. Liverpool and Barca were his childhood teams (plastic ;)).

A good choice but Liverpool will not sell to us or another Premier club.

Ray78 said:
A good choice but Liverpool will not sell to us or another Premier club.

Rubbish i think the reason they have left him out is because they are now covered for centre back and selling agger would help improve the squad be it us or any other prem team they will deffo sell.

kippaxblue76 said:
adrianr said:

Please kindly provide a list of your top 20 CDs, and then put an asterix next to those you believe can be moved from their current club to join us.

Not another left footed center half please. Not saying that Agger is a bad player but I just don't see how we can improve the current situation with him coming in. Because when you consider that Nasty has already firmly established himself as first choice, getting Agger may jeopardize the situation and with Kompany the one who is injured more of the time then it makes more sense to recruit a right footed center half (that IMO is only if Demi turns out to be disastrous and not even worthy as Kompany's backup).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.