Daniel Sturridge plz stay

PhuketBlue said:
Ultimately with everyone fit he would probably be behing Bellamy and Bojinov and maybe even Caicedo. He also knows we are likely to bring in at least one or two strikers during this Summer pushing him well down to 5th or 6th choice. As we only play with one striker (and Sturridge is not best suited to that role) , it's probably in everyone's best interests if he leaves.

if like you say hes behind bellamy, bojinov and big phil what chance has he got at chelski and viles. if things turn out the way it looks hes a deluded little shit

You can take a very blinkered view of what best is or you can look at the big picture m8 and yes im not denying he has had a good season but for me he is not in the top five. Barring injuries alonso, fabregas, essien, gerrard and lampard all perform at a consistently higher level than him at this very moment in time.

I am not in any way shape or form knocking stevie because he has been excellent at times for us this season but im taking a more measured view of it is all!

So surely if they're playing at a higher level its easier for them to perfrom with the kind of talent around them? Ireland has been remarkable this season to say we're notthe best of teams.

mancboy123 said:
You can take a very blinkered view of what best is or you can look at the big picture m8 and yes im not denying he has had a good season but for me he is not in the top five. Barring injuries alonso, fabregas, essien, gerrard and lampard all perform at a consistently higher level than him at this very moment in time.

I am not in any way shape or form knocking stevie because he has been excellent at times for us this season but im taking a more measured view of it is all!

I said he is in the top 5 this season. He has already achieved more than alonso, essien, gerrard and lampard did at Ireland's age with regard to personal achievements. You stick Ireland in Arsenal's side and he would shine as much as Fabregas does.

There is many people on here who last season would have drove stevie to sunderland and there was many people on here who were adamant that he would come good.

IP you were in the latter camp and to seom extent you have been proved right so fair play to you. I however take a more pragmatic approach and always look at the example of a kevin phillips (35 goals in a season) or a darren bent so it will be next season that shows if stevie is going to carry on and become one of the best as you say or whether this is a flash in the pan.

Its 20 goals in four consecutive seasons (Lampard), being the linchpin of your team (gerrard ) that gets u recognised as a great player and i have no doubt that stevie can become that but not there yet

If what the papers are saying is true and he's turning down £30,000 a week with conditions in it which allow it to improve over the next few years and trying to hold us to ransom for £65,000, then for me he can go.
No one player is bigger than this club, especially one jumped up little teenager who's read into the hype of him being the next big thing before he's actually achieved anything. If this is the case he's clearly motivated by money and not a willingness to improve the team. He can go rot in the reserves of the so called 'big 4' if they want him.

what has ireland achieved just out of interest.

I hate this because it seems like i am slagging ireland off and nothing could be further from the truth i am just trying to make my point

mancboy123 said:
what has ireland achieved just out of interest.

I hate this because it seems like i am slagging ireland off and nothing could be further from the truth i am just trying to make my point

13 goals, 13 assists in a side that has been average this season, overshadowed one of the worlds best players in Robinho. Is the complete all round player and has the stats to back it up, being in the top 5 players for tackles, creating chances, interceptions ect.

Gerrard and Lampard were nowehere near the standard Ireland has set when they were 22. Yes Gerrard and Lampard have been world class last few years playing in world class sides, when they were 22 they were still playing in top sides. Ireland has played in an average side this year and has still achieved more than Lampard and Gerrard has when they were 22.

I agree that people can take a very blinkered view of what is best when it is infront of them but they can also do the opposite.

Immaculate Pasta said:
twinkletoes said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
mancboy123 said:
Ireland has had a half decent season but lets not kid ourselves he is not even in the top 5 prem midfielders and has a looong way to go before being considered europes best.
Just like sturridge has a hell of a long way to go prove that he is in the upper echelon of premiership strikers nevermind being an automatic choice for england. The kid might know where the goal is but he takes daft shots, from stupid angles and doesnt release the ball when he should. Im sorry but for me at the moment the kid is all hype, yep 4 goals and 5 assists is good no doubting that but there has been some shockingly anonymous performances and temper tantrums thrown in with that, like i previously said when his talent and endeavour matches his attitude he will be some player but how many players are as good as they believe they are, i can think of fifty players who were touted as the next big thing who faded away badly he has shown me nothing in his appearances and attitude to suggest he will do any different.

Where Ireland and Sturridge differ is this when given the chance Ireland made himself undroppable when given the chance and he has been given chances sturridge didnt

He is in the top 5 of Premier League midfielders this season and seeing as the Premier League is the best league in europe then currently Stephen Ireland is one of europes best at this moment in time.

He is still doing exactly what Sturridge is doing so why take a different attitude with Ireland?

Was that meant for me?

It was meant for anyone that decries the fact that Sturridge is looking for a big increase in his wages and yet supports Ireland when he does it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.