Danilo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have, and then I asked myself why would the manager go out of his way to lie in press conferences about how good Maffeo is and how he just needs a bit of experience (which he went out and got) to get his chance.
in a 2nd tier league ,I really hope our first 11 is all home grown mancunians , but until they can show they can hold their own on a consistent basis against better players week in week out we don't have the luxury to gamble

in a 2nd tier league ,I really hope our first 11 is all home grown mancunians , but until they can show they can hold their own on a consistent basis against better players week in week out we don't have the luxury to gamble

He was told, or rather Guardiola said, he needed experience comparable to La Masia players in Barcelona B, who play in the 3rd division of Spanish football.

Please tell me again how getting promoted in the 2nd division is not comparable to that?

But back to the matter at hand...

Danilo seems class in his highlight videos, dya reckon the only reason hes being labelled a flop at real is cause Carvajal is the best RB on the planet?

Im just struggling to understand Pep's logic here...

Lets really break it down.

The academy is a cash cow which doesn't make much money.

The promises of academy integration were false.

We will never be ready because "ready" is an idealised world where we're not struggling to win trophies, and there's no risk in using kids.

The next crop of youngsters will always be "the one", until they're not.

If people were upfront about that we could all get on with our lives and get excited when a player like Danilo arrives, it's the constant "we're desperate to use kids, just as long as they're world class and worth £50m at 18" that's annoys people like myself, and (I think) @Neville Kneville

That is not really fair. Both our first team and our academy are developing at the same time. The Academy will always be behind the first team in development until the first team reaches a plateau. If every season the quality of the 1st team improves by 15% kids in the academy who WERE good academy kids relative to our first team's place in world football no longer are good enough relative to the first team. Thus the next crop comes through and because of the Academy progress and our 1st team progress we get better kids and thus those kids statistically have a better chance of making it. Until of course the first team improves again. Once the first team has stability (I personally believe we are on the cusp of that and would not have said that any other summer since the takeover) I expect more kids to come through.

It may not work, but that is the issue IMO.

He was told, or rather Guardiola said, he needed experience comparable to La Masia players in Barcelona B, who play in the 3rd division of Spanish football.

Please tell me again how getting promoted in the 2nd division is not comparable to that?
Now Guardiola thinks he needs a season in La Liga. he obviously didn't show quite enough in his time in the 2nd division, what do you see Pep doesn't.

Now Guardiola thinks he needs a season in La Liga. he obviously didn't show quite enough in his time in the 2nd division, what do you see Pep doesn't.

Not to mention he'll get tested by some of the best players in the world, if he gets into the first team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.