Danilo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macheda
Wilson
Welbeck
Janujaz

But in fairness to that lot they all got a chance to prove it..You don't get that with us

Because they're not good enough mate, hence why they're being loaned out. If they succeed, great, if not we can earn a profit. It's a win win.

See, that's the part I can completely agree with and I suspect that's why we're going with someone else. I do, however, firmly believe he can more than hold his own defensively in a position we struggled for last season and he could have seen more game time then. But he didn't, for whatever reason, and now we've moved on. I can see both sides but I'm still disappointed and I can see why others are as frustrated as they are given the lack of academy products making the step up for us.
I can 100% see why people are frustrated about youth players not being given a chance, I just also 100% think Maffeo isn't the player that represents that point as he doesn't suit the way we play. For me, it's Angus Gunn and Aleix Garcia, maybe Manu Garcia. They are players who fit perfectly into what we're trying to do, Maffeo currently wouldn't do us any good at all at fullback, clearly Pep was absolutely fuming with how handcuffed he was last year with fullbacks who didn't offer any attack so that's why he's demanded we pay whatever it takes to correct that.

I'm not complaining. I'm really excited. it just shows the kind of quality we will have in the squad. We normally go for key players from other clubs. Which is why we end up paying so much.

So it's a refreshing change that we are signing a "flop" from another big club. Pep must think he can revive Danilo's career. And if he does. We have a bargain.

I watch quite a lot of La Liga and his performances at Real Madrid would not make you want to sign him. He was awful to begin with, then became average towards the end.

This signing will presumably be based on his Porto days and the belief that he'll be much better here than at Real for whatever reasons - different league, different tactics, change of scenery, different coach etc.

So having said that it's really hard to judge the transfer.
best thing you've written on this thread!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.