Danilo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Pep can make him good (again? - I never saw him at Porto)

He wouldn't be the first good player to go to R.Madrid and not deal with it as well as hoped.

Gotta say I'd rather he cover both RB and LB than see us throw another chunk of money on a backup LB. Maybe, if Kolarov leaves, we use that money on someone like Laporte who can play LB if we're in a position where Mendy (hopefully) and Walker (and Fernandinho) are out

I've not seen him play and though youtube can hide a myriad of faults you can't do that without a modicum of talent.
Exactly my thoughts. The glimpses of talent combined with his Porto reputation and 30m transfer to Madrid there has to be a good player there. If you don't hit the ground running in Madrid the fans quickly turn so I'm hoping he's just never settled, which could be a big possibility.

Exactly my thoughts. The glimpses of talent combined with his Porto reputation and 30m transfer to Madrid there has to be a good player there. If you don't hit the ground running in Madrid the fans quickly turn so I'm hoping he's just never settled, which could be a big possibility.
Yes, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping he settles as consistency is pretty important in defense .

I'm concerned, hearing from lots of people saying he's awful. Not just the usual suspects, but the kind that will say if we're signing a good player.

I've never seen him personally, but yeah... worried.

Two years ago Real were so desperate to sign him, they lumped in before the window even opened. He was consider just about the best rightback in the country.

If he's motivated he could be a really good addition.

He's a LB RM used him as a RB (hence his poor performance) perhaps Pep and City wanted lock him up incase something happens to Mendy. He also provides good depth and competition for the other FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.