Danny Tiato against Blackburn at Maine Road

Yes I loved Tiatto at the time but if he was around these days he'd just be a shit Zabba. Never realised he had a ponytail at one time either so he's gone right down in my estimation.

If I remember correctly the goal against boro was ruled out for offside against Kanchelski who was stood way out to the right of the penalty area but I'm not sure if the "not interfering with play" rule was used in those days. Great goal though ran about 60 yards and then slotted it in brilliantly.

The Pink Panther said:
lancs blue said:
Horrible challenge but saying that the victim was David Thompson, an obnoxious Scouse twat who deserved it!

It was definitely in the Blackburn match as JMA says, his sending off against Norwich was a soft one.

Thompson was a good player, very underrated IMO and he was running that game until Tiatto did him.
Thompson going off was the turning point, rather than Tiatto being sent off if you understand what I mean.
Tiatto's sending off against Norwich was a poor decision. I remember hearing Pearce in an interview where he said about using things to your advantage and I can quite clearly remember him bullying the lad who got Tiatto sent off to the point where the Norwich player had a shocker.
Wanchope also scored a peach of a goal in that game.

I think the Norwich player in question was a bloke called Nedergaard (sp). I didn't realise it too much at the game but watching it back later Pearce did indeed give him hell from that moment on. I agree it was a shocking decision to send Tiatto off and I'm not surprised he decided to take a wild swipe at the drinks rack on his way off the field lol.

My memory may be playing tricks but I thought Wanchope's goal that day was a penalty? Eyal's solo goal was a peach but his first was a cracker too from the edge of the box.<br /><br />-- Fri May 27, 2011 10:31 am --<br /><br />
kinkysdribble said:
If I remember correctly the goal against boro was ruled out for offside against Kanchelski who was stood way out to the right of the penalty area but I'm not sure if the "not interfering with play" rule was used in those days. Great goal though ran about 60 yards and then slotted it in brilliantly.

I thought it was Huckerby that was deemed to be interfering with the goalkeeper's vision even though he wasn't. Kanchelskis scored a deflected goal later in the same game.

M18CTID said:
I thought it was Huckerby that was deemed to be interfering with the goalkeeper's vision even though he wasn't. Kanchelskis scored a deflected goal later in the same game.

it was deffo huckerby

not even close to interfering with play

the think that shocked me most about that was that the city players just carried on with hardly a word of protest, surely had they spoken up, the ref goes and speaks to the lino and it might have been overturned

Remember that challenge well, a slide tackle to the groin after about 30 seconds of being on the pitch. Day after seeing Oasis at LCCC, what a weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.