Darren Bent

badge said:
there are thousands of players throughout europe. many of them must be better than those mentioned above.

This is simply not true. Do you genuinely think there are thousands of players capable of scoring a goal every other game in the PL? Bearing in mind a lot of these were for Charlton. Besides, we need to make sure we have a very good finish to the season, and the chances of us finding a striker from abroad that will fit into our formation and hit the ground running are exteremely low. Chances are he would take a little while to settle in (like that Henry fella did) and by then 90% of Blues will have made their mind up he's shit

Bluemoon115 said:
badge said:
Bluemoon115 said:
badge said:
when we signed robinho, telling him we were now the richest club in the world and would be signing plenty more top class stars, do you believe his think bubble would be imagining "i can see it now. playing alongside roque santa cruz, darren bent, scott parker, craig bellamy."

"ok, where do i sign?"

So who shall we get in this window. I've seen you knock back every realistic target but like the others who do the same, you never come up with a realistic alternative.

i don't know. i'm not a football scout. there are thousands of players throughout europe. many of them must be better than those mentioned above. who'd ever heard of michael essien before chelsea signed him? the fact is, because we are doing so shit in the league, the real top class players must be thinking "hmmm..not sure about this club, i'll wait and see if they get a new manager and really go for it."

thankfully, at least garry cook (no doubt under instruction from the top and NOT mark hughes) appears to be trying to attract a world class player, which will then send out a big message to others that we do MEAN BUSINESS!

Hmm, not even close to a good reason not to get a proven Prem striker with roughly a goal every two games.

as i've already said, if he isn't good enough for tottenham, he isn't good enough for us. we're further up the food chain in case you hadn't noticed. and 20 goals from 57 apps for spurs is hardly sensational. pre-investment? yeah good signing. now? we've got to aim higher.

badge said:
when we signed robinho, telling him we were now the richest club in the world and would be signing plenty more top class stars, do you believe his think bubble would be imagining "i can see it now. playing alongside roque santa cruz, darren bent, scott parker, craig bellamy."

"ok, where do i sign?"
Robinho's fault for signing up and believing the owners.

thepole said:
badge said:
there are thousands of players throughout europe. many of them must be better than those mentioned above.

This is simply not true. Do you genuinely think there are thousands of players capable of scoring a goal every other game in the PL? Bearing in mind a lot of these were for Charlton. Besides, we need to make sure we have a very good finish to the season, and the chances of us finding a striker from abroad that will fit into our formation and hit the ground running are exteremely low. Chances are he would take a little while to settle in (like that Henry fella did) and by then 90% of Blues will have made their mind up he's shit

i never said anything about thousands of players being able to score a goal every other game (which bent hasn't by the way). i was referring to all the players mentioned, such as parker and bellamy etc.

badge said:
thepole said:
badge said:

i never said anything about thousands of players being able to score a goal every other game (which bent hasn't by the way). i was referring to all the players mentioned, such as parker and bellamy etc.

92 PL starts 45 goals. One goals off a goal every other game. You're counting his 10 minute cameos off the bench for Tottenham, which is unfair

badge said:
as i've already said, if he isn't good enough for tottenham, he isn't good enough for us. we're further up the food chain in case you hadn't noticed. and 20 goals from 57 apps for spurs is hardly sensational. pre-investment? yeah good signing. now? we've got to aim higher.

Well, a better record than his over a sustained period of time in a top league (Spain, Italy, Germany)?

I can't think of a single striker with a better record who is a) available b) would want to come to City...

I'm happy to stand corrected if you can name a few....

ok,i'm not debating on this one anymore. bent is obviously a good player but he aint a great one! all i will say is that robinho got it absolutely right about our "a draw will do" mentality. the lack of ambition clearly eminates from the stands.

BillyShears said:
badge said:

Well, a better record than his over a sustained period of time in a top league (Spain, Italy, Germany)?

I can't think of a single striker with a better record who is a) available b) would want to come to City...

I'm happy to stand corrected if you can name a few....

My breath is baited.

No doubt he will come back with the I'm no football scout line. Maybe that is why he grossly under estimates good footballers

badge said:
ok,i'm not debating on this one anymore. bent is obviously a good player but he aint a great one! all i will say is that robinho got it absolutely right about our "a draw will do" mentality. the lack of ambition clearly eminates from the stands.

The winning mentality comes from the top clubs. The top clubs are in the CL. We are not. Therefore to buy players with the winning mentality in January is not realistic. Simple as.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.