Darren Bent

badge said:
ok,i'm not debating on this one anymore. bent is obviously a good player but he aint a great one! all i will say is that robinho got it absolutely right about our "a draw will do" mentality. the lack of ambition clearly eminates from the stands.

Feel free to concede that Bent is actually exactly the kind of player we need right now...

But please stop spouting crap about lack of ambition. You should look not at who we can afford, but who would want to come and would improve us...

If we can recruit 'great' then I'll take 'great'. If we can't as seems increasingly likely, then I'll settle for 'good' 'prem proven' etc etc. You cannot argue with his record or his work-rate and I would welcome his signing. Hopefully however he would not be the only striker arriving.

thepole said:
92 PL starts, 45 goals
225 career starts, 123 goals

Can't argue with that. Play him, he scores. People need a reality check, name me a striker that will score goals in the prem that would come to us (and please remember we are 15th in the league, with a manager with next to no international pedigree), because buying unproven foreigner strikers has got us absolutely no where

exactly his goal to game ratio is actually as good or better than some of the big names we have been linked with, only hes already doing it in the PL for poor sides.

Based on what we are reported to have bid for bellamy then an extra couple of million for Bent would represent better business to me. 10 Million less than RCS as well, saying that twitchy would probably try and take us to the cleaners again......see if he wants Benji back as part of the deal, would'nt have thought so seen as he knew he was shite when he sold him to us! May want TBH though apparently he is interested.

Yes please - goals to game ratios FAR BETTER than Benj, big Phil, Vass etc.

He would be a decent addition to the squad, and for me, preferable to Bellamy

badge said:
jesus christ! i can't believe that people would welcome his purchase! if he's not good enough for spurs, he aint good enough for us. it's as simple as that. this low expectation mentality does my head in. we just happen to be the richest club in the world, yer know.

and don't anybody give me this 'walk before you can run' shit!

Get a grip, if Newcastle were to become the richest club in the world overnight they would still be looking at a relegation battle. Top quality players wont come until they see that we have a winning mentality. Bent would be a step in the right direction IMO. We cant attract players like Torres atm, get real ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.