Darren Bent

mancity1 said:
Big Dave Watson said:
mancity1 said:
The big names that will replace Tevez and possibly Dzeko in the summer to lead our challenge next year and hopefully beyond won't arrive until the off season.

A loan for a spark up front for 14 games will not do us any harm.

I thought Pizzaro was a good piece of business at the time and like all our players he played a part in the title.

Agreed Bent will not improve the squad but someone with premiership experience and someone who will get you goals albeit for 14 games would not go astray given where our strikers are at present.

Not upset in the slightest and my response was a play on words , no need to apologise at all.

I see where you are coming from mate.

I am not a fan of Bent and constantly berated England managers for picking him as he is not International class. However, in our current situation he would offer us an option that we dont have i.e. a goal poacher and finisher of chances in the 18 yard box and not cost the earth (loan maybe). We seem to be creating plenty of chances but nobody is putting them away.

Cheers big dave fully agree it would only be a loan until seasons end.

He is not wanted at Villa , he will move on loan or a new contract to some one else come Thursday night.

We need a spark and of course he may not make the impact we want or need but I have this strong feeling that the goals we need to get those points that will keep the pressure on Manure will not come from our current crop of strikers.

It may be madness as some suggest but sometimes the signing you least expect and think makes no sense at all is the signing that ends up being a master stroke.

Imagine Bent scoring the winner for us at the swamp this season and what it will do for his sagging career.

-- Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:27 pm --

Jones to Villa.

Bent to ??????

How does a one way ticket assisted suicide Dignitas holiday to Switzerland sound?

syntaxerror.png

Everywhere he has been he scores goals. Plays off the shoulder / last man. Think he would have a feast feeding off silva et al

Better than Benteke but still a fair few levels below our quality.

Only positives are that Guidetti to Villa is an option on loan and we could get Bent cheaper and he'd be an English player.

Not being spoilt but Jesus I'd be hugely underwhelmed.

TBH I don't think this would be such a bad idea. If we could get him in on loan and maybe send Guidetti/Sinclair the other way considering we've left everything till the last second transfer-wise which we've done two transfer window's running I can't think of much more natural born goalscorers available we could realistically bring in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.