Dave Lee Travis arrested

While I regard it as a generally good thing that this is all now coming to light, I still feel a disquiet that its taken so long. I mean its not as if the British public were any more forgiving of paedophilia in the 80s & 90s (or probably the 70s), so why has it lain dormant for 30-40 years? It isn't acceptable behaviour now and it wasn't then. I just hope there isn't any band-wagon jumping going on, or spurious claims for compensation because these kids were victims and should have had justice ages ago.

Tourist since 1971 said:
While I regard it as a generally good thing that this is all now coming to light, I still feel a disquiet that its taken so long. I mean its not as if the British public were any more forgiving of paedophilia in the 80s & 90s (or probably the 70s), so why has it lain dormant for 30-40 years? It isn't acceptable behaviour now and it wasn't then. I just hope there isn't any band-wagon jumping going on, or spurious claims for compensation because these kids were victims and should have had justice ages ago.

Research the subject - hate these assumptions!!!!

What assumptions? My point was not being made against the victims but rather the attitude of those who should have been listening to them.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
SWP's back said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
honest answers.......

A man from the 50s has a baby with a 14 year old bar maid - what is he?????
From the 50's or in his 50's?

from the 50s - said individual was 24/25
It's a tough one as we view them we a modern eye when it was very different back then.

My Dad was born in '44 and was 26 when he got together with my mum, she was just 16 at the time and they are still happily together 44 years later. But if he got with her now at the same ages then most people would say he was a wrong 'un.

Tourist since 1971 said:
What assumptions? My point was not being made against the victims but rather the attitude of those who should have been listening to them.

The assumption that these 'kids' were bypassed even though the allegations were made!

Societal changes are a huge catalyst for the differing perceptions, i could cite the role the church has played up until the mid 80s, priests/vicars are no longer the family social worker, i could go on\!!!

Tuearts right boot said:
Everett fits the criteria and hasn't Ugly Ray Terrett been arrested.
Everett was openly gay which isnt a crime nor ever should have been, but him being any kind of a pervert i think is well wide of the mark, in fact i think he would have been appalled at the behavior of some of the so called celebs around him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.