Dave Watson has neurodegenerative disease

Sad news, first saw him playing for Sunderland, h had a superb game for them vs Leeds. We got a few players from that Cup winning team, Watson being one of them. An absolute rock of a defender, with skill, passion and honesty. One of our best centre halves if not THE best. Superb in an England shirt as well . Hope he doesn't suffer too much as he goes through this . A horrible disease, my thoughts are with him, his family and friends . A great Blue, but i guess they'll be saying similar on Wearside and Southampton and several other clubs

Sad, sad news. Great player and a great man.

How many other players who were known as great headers of the ball will get this shit disease?

Glad I was a 'keeper.

Gutting news, one of my very first heroes, had everything I admire in a centre half, and tough as hell, cannot pay him a higher compliment than to say he walks into my all time City 11 alongside Vinnie, an absolute colossus, my very best wishes big Dave .

Really sad to read about this, he formed a great CB partnership with Doyle. I was behind the goal where that header went in with astonishing power considering he was a good 12 yards out. Best wishes to Dave and his family.

sad sad news, surprised there isn't more getting this horrible disease considering how heavy the balls got in the 60/70's with the awful pitches in the bad weather

So sad to hear, Doyle and Watson were the CB's when my dad started to take me to Maine Road as a kid, both great players.

All the best Dave and family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.