David Beckham .....wtf

Timbobs said:
Project Rain said:
Timbobs said:
Nice to see people here proclaim City are above Beckham. Interesting viewpoint regardless of how wrong it it.

Wait, what is this I don't even....

It simply means that going by people's comments in this thread such as "wtf", "no thanks", "backwards step", "what could a 34 year old offer us" shows that people can't see past the fact he was a United player. Beckham is still one of the best English midfielders, if people can't see this then there is something wrong, as is asking what can he offer City, is that outside of being a great footballer, one of the biggest names in WORLD football which would bring attention from different markets, and give yet even more credibility to the project from people. Some people need to take a long hard think about their opinions. You even have someone in this thread saying that because Beckham calls football soccer that " I hate that dick more every time I see him" without taking into account that he is in America talking to the American audience to which football IS called soccer. This thread isn't a debate, it's just a gathered rant against a player without taking into account any facts, stats or common sense.

Well seeing as your so into your facts mate, Beckham whored his career to sign for a team in a league with worse standard than the Championship, then didn't even have the guts to stick with them, he sold Galaxy down the river to join Milan. I did take into account the fact he was talking to an American audience but it made my skin crawl hearing an Englishman calling football 'soccer' regardless of who he was talking to. As for saying I hate that dick more every time I see him, not going to apologise for that, it's true. I find it embarrassing that when he appears for England (off the bench) he gets a bigger ovation from opposition fans than English supporters. If you want to believe that Beckham's still up there with the best players in the world then thats you carry on thinking that pal, you're entitled to your opinion.

treny said:
heatonmoorblue said:
Could provide some decent cover for us and his delivery is always top notch, the sort that santa cruz and adebayor would thrive off.

take that thought out of ur head ,m8 can u imagine cheering beckham if he scored for us
cos I CARN`T plus we`d have to put up with his kids being photographed in city shirts NO WAY HOSE`A

I know, terrible thought someone scoring a goal for City (roll of eyes).

lancs blue said:
I loathe the **** and the circus that surrounds him wherever he goes. I couldn't give a shit whether he'd improve the squad or not, I don't want him at City, he's as low as Gary Neville in my books.

IS that besides the fact that Beckham is a great player, seems a decent guy once you get past the media obsession and being a former Rag (sue the predictable panto "Boo") with the large amount of charity work and Neville is, well, shit and a ****?

I know, terrible thought someone scoring a goal for City (roll of eyes).

lancs blue said:
I loathe the **** and the circus that surrounds him wherever he goes. I couldn't give a shit whether he'd improve the squad or not, I don't want him at City, he's as low as Gary Neville in my books.

IS that besides the fact that Beckham is a great player, seems a decent guy once you get past the media obsession and being a former Rag (sue the predictable panto "Boo") with the large amount of charity work and Neville is, well, shit and a ****?[/quote]

You're pretty thick if you think that signing him would be good for City after he insulted us during the Kaka saga by saying it would be beneath Kaka to sign for us, and that there is only one club in Manchester that Kaka should consider signing for and that was United.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
Timbobs said:
Project Rain said:
Timbobs said:
Nice to see people here proclaim City are above Beckham. Interesting viewpoint regardless of how wrong it it.

Wait, what is this I don't even....

It simply means that going by people's comments in this thread such as "wtf", "no thanks", "backwards step", "what could a 34 year old offer us" shows that people can't see past the fact he was a United player. Beckham is still one of the best English midfielders, if people can't see this then there is something wrong, as is asking what can he offer City, is that outside of being a great footballer, one of the biggest names in WORLD football which would bring attention from different markets, and give yet even more credibility to the project from people. Some people need to take a long hard think about their opinions. You even have someone in this thread saying that because Beckham calls football soccer that " I hate that dick more every time I see him" without taking into account that he is in America talking to the American audience to which football IS called soccer. This thread isn't a debate, it's just a gathered rant against a player without taking into account any facts, stats or common sense.

Well seeing as your so into your facts mate, Beckham whored his career to sign for a team in a league with worse standard than the Championship, then didn't even have the guts to stick with them, he sold Galaxy down the river to join Milan. I did take into account the fact he was talking to an American audience but it made my skin crawl hearing an Englishman calling football 'soccer' regardless of who he was talking to. As for saying I hate that dick more every time I see him, not going to apologise for that, it's true. I find it embarrassing that when he appears for England (off the bench) he gets a bigger ovation from opposition fans than English supporters. If you want to believe that Beckham's still up there with the best players in the world then thats you carry on thinking that pal, you're entitled to your opinion.

Beckham "whored his career" is a tag that lots of people are throwing at our targets right now too then, we woman at the press doing it to us, but you deem it OK to do to others. Did Beckham feel he could help promote Football in the USA, yes. Has Beckham been able to increase interest of soccer in USA, yes and no, it's very popular with females, one of the best women's teams in the world, though in fairness, was before Beckham, but he created more interest in it and more girls taking the sport up. I wouldn't call his aim of making football as big as he thought he could a success though, but fair play for trying, Best and Pele before him failed, but unlike them he gave it a go in his prime.

He "sold Galaxy down the river" is that by joining Milan in a timeshare so he could stay fit for his country? What a bloody bastard! And paying for deal himself, again, what a bastard. How dare a player wanting to play more competitive football to improve his game at the international level, after all, that is how we got David James.

I'm sure if Beckham REALLY wanted to do the dirty to Galaxy, then he could just buy out his contract easily since all Galaxy are looking for in a permanent transfer is £10m-£15m. But Beckham has went back to help in their campaign after a long one last season for them and then going to Milan with no rest between their seasons and again, with next to no rest is back at Galaxy.

It doesn't matter what nationality a player is, please get past the whole English player calling "football" as "soccer", he was right to do so, you describe things in the market in which you play in. Very very simple. You take into account who interview is for, how it is best to put across your interview so it meets as wide as audience to understand.

Beckham has set up more goals for England during the 2008/09 season with 6 assists when playing less games than rest of squad (less again when you take into account how few were starts). So he sets up more goals than any other England player in the squad, fact, but doesn't belong in any shape, way or form in the England squad. Very strange.

basher said:
You're pretty thick if you think that signing him would be good for City after he insulted us during the Kaka saga by saying it would be beneath Kaka to sign for us, and that there is only one club in Manchester that Kaka should consider signing for and that was United.

I really must just be thick then, but I also seem to remember people here wanking themselves to get Huntelaar since he doesn't seem to have a future at Madrid, but didn't seem to care that half a year ago he said we're too small of a club for him. Guess it's just selective what we remember.

Beckham came out and told kaka not to join us in January. Why would he want to join us now.

Beckham the player I would have. Beckham the person I wouldn't.

If he wants to come back to the PL he can join West Ham, Spuds or even better back to the swamp.

LOL!

relistically if this is true (big if) then this is going to be a marketing signing, i have no doubt that beckham still has plenty of talent and i feel would be a good addition to the squad, but this i feel would be a loan signing to boost his chance of playing in the world cup and for us the marketing potential is huge as everytime he farts he is in the press this could be a win win for both parties involved although i do not see this happening i can see the business sense

It will be interesting to see him in the PL again if he does join someone. I really don't think he's got enough left in the tank to compete in this league. He;s better off staying in Italy.. the game is much slower paced and you can get away with strolling up the pitch and launching one into the box.

Make no mistake, Beckham really did fuck over the Galaxy and the MLS league in a lot of ways for purely selfish reasons. Read the book if you don't believe me. Ultimately everyone made money, but he's destroyed the team and generally been an embarrassment to the league.

In a way I don't blame him - he signed his deal when he thought he was basically done in Europe, and then between the signing and the beginning of the contract he completely turned it around and realized he had a shot at the England team again.

Anyway, no thanks to Beckham on City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.