David Beckham

Time's come for root and branch. The present crop of players have proved themselves to be little better than those teams who got knocked out in the group stage. There are serious questions sitting over the performance of the manager. The fact that Shaghead Shearer has come out and suggested in his usual mealy-mouthed BBC sofa whinge that he should be sacked, prompts me to think he should be kept on, and we should take a leaf out of the German's approach of looking at their U21 side - would it be too much to expect that our U21 side is the junior chav version of the first team?

Cheesy said:
Dunno, and I'm not blaming him in any way for this disastrous WC, but his presence there is symptomatic if what has been wrong with English national football for years.
Yes. It's just one big boys club. I though Capello had stopped all this nonsense, then Brand Beckham turns up. Maybe it's time to let Gerrard/Lampard/Rooney/Terry sit out a few games and get a little bit of team cohesion.

Its all just part of the circus that went on out there. An absolute joke he was out there and perhaps someone to take the camera action from the inept Fabio

Chrisja1000 said:
So you think Milner and SWP are better than him in his prime for the right hand side ? Football is about opinions , and think he is a good influence on young kids coming through , maybe I'm wrong and the guy was a waste of space and you would prefer great players like Terry who do an amazing PR job .

Yeah, you're right. Beckham is the perfect family man, husband and therefor role model.
I mean, he'd never shag about whilst being England captain, would he.

Beckham was in SA for one reason only.
FIFA told the FA that if England was to stand any chance of winning their World Cup bid, they had to get Beckham involved and I heard this quote directly in an interview with FIFA Vice President Jack Warner, that was broadcast on the BBC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.