David Bernstein Q&A for KOTK

Anelka was the season after. We hd 3 top class strikers for Division 1 but Wanchope got injured which is why I think Macken was signed. Macken was the best striker in Div 1 outside our squad. Toure was also a forward then but never got a sniff, and we got a good valuation for him in part-ex for Anelka.
Forgot all about Toure, did he have the blood clot issue ? your right on Macken as he signed tail end of 01/02 and Anelka arrived start of 02/03. Memory playing tricks, though I thought Mackens best stint was Div 2 under Moyes. Must have shown something in Div 1 for us to splash the cash but was underwhelming.

Forgot all about Toure, did he have the blood clot issue ? your right on Macken as he signed tail end of 01/02 and Anelka arrived start of 02/03. Memory playing tricks, though I thought Mackens best stint was Div 2 under Moyes. Must have shown something in Div 1 for us to splash the cash but was underwhelming.
Yeah DVT on the way to Pompey away was the tale for Toure. Think the match we lost to a Crouch goal after leading.

Macken was utter gash
Macken certainly wasn't the best striker we ever had was he! A million miles away from the likes of Sergio and Erling (obviously )and in truth also a long way behind The Goat.
Have to say I enjoyed his goals in the 4:1 against the Rags in our first derby at COMS and the winner in the 4:3 'comeback classic' at Spurs.
In truth I can't actually remember too many more goals he got for us , think he may have got one( in the last ever game we played outside the top flight) against Portsmouth at Maine Road?

Macken certainly wasn't the best striker we ever had was he! A million miles away from the likes of Sergio and Erling (obviously )and in truth also a long way behind The Goat.
Have to say I enjoyed his goals in the 4:1 against the Rags in our first derby at COMS and the winner in the 4:3 'comeback classic' at Spurs.
In truth I can't actually remember too many more goals he got for us , think he may have got one( in the last ever game we played outside the top flight) against Portsmouth at Maine Road?
I think the gashists and crappists are being a tad unfair. Don’t recall Macken ever having a long run of games but he did hold it up well and could score important goals.
He was well overpriced though, had little pace and possibly was a bit overawed

I think the gashists and crappists are being a tad unfair. Don’t recall Macken ever having a long run of games but he did hold it up well and could score important goals.
He was well overpriced though, had little pace and possibly was a bit overawed
Is it fair to say we only signed him because of the wonder goal against us? Would like to think we’d done a bit more due diligence but the club wasn’t always so well run back then and it always seemed the likeliest reason we signed him!

Yeah DVT on the way to Pompey away was the tale for Toure. Think the match we lost to a Crouch goal after leading.
I thought the story was that when he signed for City he travelled from France by coach (via ferry through Portsmouth), and he got the DVT before he even started playing for us. Who knows what the truth is though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.