David Bernstein Q&A for KOTK

Didn’t Macken score one worldie against us for Preston and get signed on the strength of that?

“He holds the ball up well” was the usual crap.
He did. Long range looping shot if I remember rightly. Contrast in signings with Anelka and Goater continued to find the net so his chances were limited and also had that funny heel injury that went undetected for a while. Think we had a fair few forwards at the time (think Huckerby stuck around at same time but lacked it at Prem level).

Bernarbia's mate Karim Kerkar.

Vuoso played the second half in the Bury and PNE friendlies, but started the Dale one when he scored.
Vuoso played from the start in the friendly at Boundary park against Oldham, always remember as we were a few minutes late getting in and just about caught the kick off, wondered which one he was, then moments later an opposition player farted near one of our forwards, who fell over and got up moaning waving his arms around, surprisingly, that was Vuoso, and my greatest memory of him.

No questions for the man.
I would like you to shake the man's hand from me and tell him thank you thank you thank you for saving my club from becoming something time forgot and the possibility of becoming obsolete.

The man deserves a statue.
I managed to do your first paragraph at an open day at Maine Rd, such a nice man.

Vuoso played from the start in the friendly at Boundary park against Oldham, always remember as we were a few minutes late getting in and just about caught the kick off, wondered which one he was, then moments later an opposition player farted near one of our forwards, who fell over and got up moaning waving his arms around, surprisingly, that was Vuoso, and my greatest memory of him.
His Oldham game was a Senior Cup final.

He was worse than all the kids playing that night.

He did. Long range looping shot if I remember rightly. Contrast in signings with Anelka and Goater continued to find the net so his chances were limited and also had that funny heel injury that went undetected for a while. Think we had a fair few forwards at the time (think Huckerby stuck around at same time but lacked it at Prem level).
Macken was utter gash

Macken was utter gash
Don't disagree. Think Keegan wanted strikers in reserve and was maybe not convinced by what we had behind Anelka after his signing but wasted about £4.5m on him off memory.

Don't disagree. Think Keegan wanted strikers in reserve and was maybe not convinced by what we had behind Anelka after his signing but wasted about £4.5m on him off memory.
Anelka was the season after. We hd 3 top class strikers for Division 1 but Wanchope got injured which is why I think Macken was signed. Macken was the best striker in Div 1 outside our squad. Toure was also a forward then but never got a sniff, and we got a good valuation for him in part-ex for Anelka.

Vuoso’s City career was ruined by a rag. It was know that Diego Forman was a far better player than Vuoso, but Forlan had a wretched first year at the swamp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.