David Cameron

mark100267 said:
I strongly beleive he has got the child benefit wrong. I have 3 young kids (1, 3 and 6) so my wife stays at home to look after them. I earn around 48k all in but we will loose all the child benefit in 2013. My wife does not claim any benefit at all. Surely this can't be right. One person earning £48k must be equivalent to 2 people earning £20k each after tax thresholds are taken into consideration.

This will be Cameron's '10p tax'....mark my words

48k a year and you need benefits!

smudgedj said:
mark100267 said:
I strongly beleive he has got the child benefit wrong. I have 3 young kids (1, 3 and 6) so my wife stays at home to look after them. I earn around 48k all in but we will loose all the child benefit in 2013. My wife does not claim any benefit at all. Surely this can't be right. One person earning £48k must be equivalent to 2 people earning £20k each after tax thresholds are taken into consideration.

This will be Cameron's '10p tax'....mark my words

48k a year and you need benefits!

This.

What is the average wage in the UK?

You missed my point. 48k is the total household income. 2 people earning 30k aren't affected. My wife dosen't claim anything and I beleive I contribute my fair share to all the benefit cheats and lazy bstrds who live on benefits as a life choice or 'can't afford to work'

At least one knows what to expect from the chinless brayers, tax evading spivs and public school pederasts gathered in Birmingham. The fact remains that they wouldn't be there as a government with their clamourous ovations at the mention of Margaret Thatcher without the shameless opportunism of the servile wretch Clegg.

mark100267 said:
You missed my point. 48k is the total household income. 2 people earning 30k aren't affected. My wife dosen't claim anything and I beleive I contribute my fair share to all the benefit cheats and lazy bstrds who live on benefits as a life choice or 'can't afford to work'

So it's not the principle that the rich shouldn't get child benefit that annoys you it's the fact than someone else might get something you won't. Isn't that just jealousy?

Gelsons Dad said:
mark100267 said:

So it's not the principle that the rich shouldn't get child benefit that annoys you it's the fact than someone else might get something you won't. Isn't that just jealousy?

Beat me to it.

smudgedj said:
Gelsons Dad said:

Beat me to it.

You think I'm rich? And jealous?

My point is that the calcualtion should be based on household income not on a single wage. The average working wage in the UK is 25500 so a household with 2 people earning average wage wouldn't be affected. I don't think it was properly thought out.

mark100267 said:
smudgedj said:
Beat me to it.

My point is that the calcualtion should be based on household income not on a single wage. The average working wage in the UK is 25500 so a household with 2 people earning average wage wouldn't be affected. I don't think it was properly thought out.

I'm not understanding this... you earn 48k your wife earns 0....why can she not claim the benefits for the children?

smudgedj said:
mark100267 said:

I'm not understanding this... you earn 48k your wife earns 0....why can she not claim the benefits for the children?

Child benefit is being stopped. She can't claim unemployment benefit becasue she's not looking for work and she has to stay at home to look after the kids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.