David Luiz

malg said:
Do we need to re-name this thread? I was looking for info on the Luiz transfer and must have wandered in here by mistake. Balls, I'm off to switch Talkshite on.

The info is, he hasnt signed and it doesnt even look close

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Manchester-City-and-Chelsea-up-pursuit-of-Benfica-centre-back-David-Luiz/11238/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-a ... uiz/11238/</a>

Manchester City and Chelsea up pursuit of Benfica centre-back David Luiz

Manchester City and Chelsea have intensified their pursuit of Benfica Lisbon centre-back David Luiz with a view to a January battle for the player.

According to the Portuguese Abola newspaper, Chelsea have set aside as much as €30 million for the highly-rated defender.

Manchester City reportedly already bid €32 million for the 23–year-old in the summer, but Benifica chairman Luis Filipe Vieira rejected the offer, saying he would not take any less than the €50 million stipulated in Luiz's termination clause.

Chelsea also expressed an interest in buying the player in the summer, but weren't even prepared to pay in the region of what City were offering.

But with the departure of Ricardo Carvalho, Chelsea are now said to be willing to splash out on Luiz, who is contracted to Benfica until 2014/2015, and along with Manchester City will be hoping Vieira backs down from his demand.

Luiz is one of the most promising central defenders in the world. He is strong, fast, intelligent, good in the air and graceful in possession. He has suffered some serious injuries though.

I wonder if we could include Jo in a part exchange? He would thrive in the Portuguese league and feel at home with all the Brazilians there. Wages would be a stumbling block though.

LoveCity said:
I wonder if we could include Jo in a part exchange? He would thrive in the Portuguese league and feel at home with all the Brazilians there. Wages would be a stumbling block though.

Could loan him and subsidise part of his wages. Money isn't an object really is it?

The Fat el Hombre said:
How's he getting on this year?

Totally unreliable post here, but i've seen just the occasional glimpse of highlights of Benfica, and his name always seems to get mentioned when they concede. Obviously means very little, but i get the impression his best attribute is his ability on the ball rather than how good he is defensively. Someone could set me straight on that.

Benfica as a club aren't doing that well either.

Would definitely wait out Benfica here. We really don't need another defender. Kolo and Kompany have gelled comfortably.

We could have used him before Kolo improved his game and before we got Kolarov and Boyata, now not sure who we'd send out for him.

He could probably replace Lescott, Bridge and Richards and offer a significant improvement in all three positions. Yes, he'd cost XXm, but those three cost a fortune in wages and rarely look anything better than 'okay'. Then in a couple of years, he replaces Kolo.

Never heard about these injury concerns before, that is something to look into.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.