David Platt

Kidd is a product of a different time. He comes from an era when loads watched city one week and Utd the other.

Total professional and a nice bloke.

Platt has won me over with the way he defends us in interviews without going on range and embarrassing us in anyway.

There is a post in the general forum suggesting we should replace Platt or Kidd with Di Matteo. Assuming I've not been Clarkie'd (infinitely possible), i can't see how anyone would want to see any change to Bobby's team. Kidd and Platt are obviously very capable and well liked/respected amongst the players. As far as I'm concerned they are both integral to us and to talk about replacing them is strange.

Ive wondered throughout the season whether Platt has more say than Kidd. It seems to be platt standing on the line with mancini alot of the time. and platt obviously does the interviews in bobs absence.

i like kidd though, seems a great lad. warmed to potato man as well

LOL at who said barry and lescott coming to the end of their careers their still young!! look at baconchops's midfield pushing 40!

I'm not Platt's biggest fan, but did laugh at/with the Sampdoria fans on the concourse of CB3 at the derby when Platt was on the tv above the bar; they all started singing really loud:

"David Platt! la-la-la-la-la-laaaaaa
David Platt! la-la-la-la-la-laaaaaa....."

It's true that before he joined us, Platt was anti-City, but Roberto obviously rated him and trusts him. Platt has responded well to the invitation since joining us and looks like Roberto's main tactical discussion partner.
He also has a good enough relationship with RM to try and calm him down when needed (eg in Munich). He now appears to be a true blue!
Love to see what's on those pieces of paper when he's showing the next sub what's required.

paul%20ince%20blackburn%20football.gif

I really did not want this guy coming to our club - a dreadful England under 21 manager, a dreadful managerial record at Forest, and so many negative comments about City...............however given that I was not exactly pre-disposed towards him I have to say I now quite like him - he is indeed very eloquent, rational and balanced when talking about City before and after matches, and Bobby must trust him to do his stuff during matches, he is a key part of a coaching team that is helping us play the beautiful game in a beautiful way, so as far as I am concerned his potato head is, well, beautiful, thanks David and my award for unsung hero would go to you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.