David Silva - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazed that Micah played so many league games with his injury problems and Zaba for competition.
Yeah, there was a time he was the uncontested first choice rightback and then Zab came and showed us the way forward (figuratively and literally). Still hard to believe Micah is only 30 (especially for this older gent).

I shouldn’t be, but I am actually surprised Distin is so far up the chart.

Yeah, there was a time he was the uncontested first choice rightback and then Zab came and showed us the way forward (figuratively and literally). Still hard to believe he is only 30 (especially for this older gent).

I shouldn’t be, but I am actually surprised Distin is so far up the chart.
I'm not, there were a number of years where starting a game without Dunne and what's-the-score was a waste of a fixture and the lad never seemed to get injured or need a rest. That was back in the day when we had 3 or 4 decent players who were untouchable because the rest were worse than shite. Barton is probably the next down that list or close to it.

Amazed that Micah played so many league games with his injury problems and Zaba for competition.
Micah played a lot of games at CB too, but he was first choice RB for a decent part of the 11/12 season, keeping Zab on the bench. It was the injury he got at the Olympics that summer that really fucked up his career.

Micah played a lot of games at CB too, but he was first choice RB for a decent part of the 11/12 season, keeping Zab on the bench. It was the injury he got at the Olympics that summer that really fucked up his career.
The injury and his bodybuilding obsession didn't help either.

Micah a free agent in the summer hasn’t played for Villa for 2 years due to fitness issues. I wonder if anyone will take a chance on him when his contract runs out?

I'm not, there were a number of years where starting a game without Dunne and what's-the-score was a waste of a fixture and the lad never seemed to get injured or need a rest. That was back in the day when we had 3 or 4 decent players who were untouchable because the rest were worse than shite. Barton is probably the next down that list or close to it.
I know, he was a stalwart. I actually had a shirt signed by Distin, Dunne, Jihai, and (Danny fucking) Mills I managed to get after a game in... 2005 (I think) until a move left it in oblivion.

As I said, I shouldn’t be surprised watching him all that time — I think it comes from thinking a few others would have moved above him.

I know, he was a stalwart. I actually had a shirt signed by Distin, Dunne, Jihai, and (Danny fucking) Mills I managed to get after a game in... 2005 (I think) until a move left it in oblivion.

As I said, I shouldn’t be surprised watching him all that time — I think it comes from thinking a few others would have moved above him.
The likes of Kolarov, Dzeko etc were here long enough to do it but were always fighting for their starting spot, the team stalwarts of Vinny, Hart, Yaya, Silva, Zaba and Aguero are the only ones that have had a chance to do it.
It always catches me by surprise when I look at our player turnover since the first title, only 3 players still at the club 7 years later and all 3 coming to the end of their City careers, when catching what's-the-score requires 5 full league seasons as undisputed first choice...

The likes of Kolarov, Dzeko etc were here long enough to do it but were always fighting for their starting spot, the team stalwarts of Vinny, Hart, Yaya, Silva, Zaba and Aguero are the only ones that have had a chance to do it.
It always catches me by surprise when I look at our player turnover since the first title, only 3 players still at the club 7 years later and all 3 coming to the end of their City careers, when catching what's-the-score requires 5 full league seasons as undisputed first choice...
The discussion got me curious so I had a quick look on the esteemed BM player statistics page and found exactly why I was a bit surprised (as in the back of my mind I was sure those three would be higher than Distin):

Player - League Apps
SWP - 177
Weaver - 170
Goat - 164

Although, it must be said that the appearance counts between the BM stat page, Wikipedia, and StatCity vary quite a bit. Wikipedia (dubious as it is) has Goater and Sweep well above Distin.

To take things back on topic so our posts don’t get moved, Wikipedia has El Mago on 249 league apps, whilst the BM stat page has 246.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.