David Silva - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but what @Dax777 said was correct.

It's always been pie in the sky to say Silva can play 5 more years ...not at a team like City chasing 4trophies and playing at an extremely high tempo.it's been madness to over play the little magician these past two years when suitable younger goal hungry midfielders are eager to play.complete and utter madness.
Madness I tell ya!!

I tried to explain this to @Shaelumstash 3 years ago. Even cerebral players who aren't lightning fast, still use their limited athletism. Once it goes, it will affect other things. No matter how little of it you originally had. That's why the "He can play for 5 more years" that was a popular here was always going to be wrong.

Anyway, thank goodness we got Bernado and Phil. So we didn't get caught with our pants down. This is how good planning should work.

Care to revisit this one after tonight, bud?

Care to revisit this one after tonight, bud?
Excuse me?
As usual you don't seem to understand what's at issue. It's not Dave can have a good game, any idiot knows he can. It's whether we are well protected and prepared when he was no longer the best player on the pitch, which he isn't anymore. And we are barely 2 years into your 5 year prediction.

Stop muddling things up like you always do. 90% of City fans don't have Dave as a starter when everyone is fit. That should tell you something.

He just needed a rest. Foden stepping in against Spuds gave him that. He is still a world class midfielder he just needs to be used sparingly.

Excuse me?
As usual you don't seem to understand what's at issue. It's not Dave can have a good game, any idiot knows he can. It's whether we are well protected and prepared when he was no longer the best player on the pitch, which he isn't anymore. And we are barely 2 years into your 5 year prediction.

Stop muddling things up like you always do. 90% of City fans don't have Dave as a starter when everyone is fit. That should tell you something.
Yeh, it tells me they’ve got short memories! Check the thread, one or two learned their lesson from writing him off the last time. They kept their counsel when he was out of form, you’d do well to do the same.

The last time you wrote him off he won POS the year after. Then this week you pipe up and he goes and runs the game away at OT in the biggest game of the season thus far.

I said he could go on for years and cited Giggs as an example. Maybe he won’t, but you’re forgetting he’s played more minutes than most this season, we’re on course for the 2nd highest points total ever. So he can’t have been that bad.

He was actually very good until xmas and has had a couple of months of tricky form and you come out of the woodwork and suggest he’s finished. Just back the fella and get behind the team and stop trying to be clever. You’ll enjoy it a lot more in the long run!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.