David Silva - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do release it's not me making the claims that he's not running enough right? It's the coaching team, allegedly. If they think its a problem, all i'm doing is suggesting a totally fucking obvious alternative. I want Silva fit and firing for the big games, not wasting his time vs Watford at home. That's hardly wanting him dropped is it? Bore off.
Couldn’t agree more with you, I don’t know why people get so defensive, if Silva has been arguably our Best Buy and servant and is playing his last season, why are we wasting him against Norwich and wolves when fresh legs are needed and Foden needs some experience if he is to take a midfield place next year.why run Silva ragged, why not use his skill and guile in important games with Foden or Bernardo as his legs when resting KDB ) and in lesser games rest him.I can see KDB being overused soon as well as he is our engineroom at the moment.We have to have confidence in a player who is captain of England under 21s surely.

Sorry but this is just absolute bullshit. In 2017/18 Silva's work off the ball was fantastic, he helped us to suffocate teams and we maintained an excellent shape as both he and KDB had the legs to press for 90.

Now he doesn't so off the ball we're operating using a 4-4-2 which is leaving us more exposed centrally. This isn't a made up issue it's a fact.

David shouldn't be in the team. His legs have gone and he's not having any impact going forward.

Phil should absolutely be starting because whilst he might not yet be able to play between the lines in the way David can, he offers us legs and pressing, not to mention much more of a goal threat.

Silva is undoubted one of our greatest ever players, but he's not immune from having his performances analysed fairly.

He needs to be playing much less.

The stupid thing is he probably can press like he used to if he only plays every other game or every 3rd game.

I would be looking at the calendar and picking out the 15 hardest league games, and pencilling Silva in to start them, along with CL games, cup semi finals and finals.

That'd give him a max of about 34 starts. Everything else, rest him, play Bernardo or Gundo or Phil.

The stupid thing is he probably can press like he used to if he only plays every other game or every 3rd game.

I would be looking at the calendar and picking out the 15 hardest league games, and pencilling Silva in to start them, along with CL games, cup semi finals and finals.

That'd give him a max of about 34 starts. Everything else, rest him, play Bernardo or Gundo or Phil.

Agree completely. I also think Bernardo is a massive miss due to the amount of running off the ball he does. It's not idea as Leroy is out, but if there's no KDB then Bernardo or Foden have to play in midfield. The lack of dynamism in a Silva, Rodri and Gundogan midfield is so, so obvious.

You do release it's not me making the claims that he's not running enough right? It's the coaching team, allegedly. If they think its a problem, all i'm doing is suggesting a totally fucking obvious alternative. I want Silva fit and firing for the big games, not wasting his time vs Watford at home. That's hardly wanting him dropped is it? Bore off.

I really don’t understand why this is so difficult for Pep’s poodles to understand. It’s simply about striking a balance. Some people could use less playing time; others more.

Both Merlin and Foden can potentially make big contributions this season.

Last edited:
Ig Silva: “The street where it all started ” [david21lva]

EGmkdJiWwAIv1-r.jpg

Watched him against Wolves and he looked 10 years younger than his 34 years. He was class. This guy has the ball on a string, knits everything together for us and controls the pace of the game..
Getting old is pretty crap really, I wish we could have found a way to keep him at 26 / 27 years of age forever because he has been the best foreign player the premier league has ever seen in my opinion, better than Henry, Bergkamp, Zola, Drogba, even better that the Icons we have had the pleasure of watching, Yaya, Sergio, Kevin, Vinny, Zab..
This guy needs some major recognition from the club when he goes, I hope he doesn't completely sever his ties with us and we can find a position for him if he ever wished to come back.
Another first class super star who has given his best years to our club when he could have stayed in his native Country and ripped it up for RM or Barcelona..

Top Player, Top Man, Top Class...

I find it apt that somebody has posted that picture on this thread. That is pretty much what I visualize when I see David Silva play for our team. I see someone who has lost the edge to his game and is eyeing retirement and family life back in his sunny homeland. We have 5 players who can play as an attacking central midfielder, KDB, Bernardo, Foden, Gundogan and Silva. For me, the first 3 on that list should be getting the most playing time.

I find it apt that somebody has posted that picture on this thread. That is pretty much what I visualize when I see David Silva play for our team. I see someone who has lost the edge to his game and is eyeing retirement and family life back in his sunny homeland. We have 5 players who can play as an attacking central midfielder, KDB, Bernardo, Foden, Gundogan and Silva. For me, the first 3 on that list should be getting the most playing time.

I agree. In the last two seasons he’s had some of his best purple patches of form he’s ever played through, but his consistency has fluctuated and he’s been through some lengthy poor spells.

When you think about it, ten years in the PL, constant ankle damage and playing through multiple injuries, being kicked up in the air regularly, ageing and the stress of his family life over the last year or two must have taken a toll on his body, and possibly his mentality towards his future in the game.

Apart from the fact i post pics of him at home in the international breaks for about 3 yrs now you might be on to something

Well, if as you describe his feet are already under the table, he will never play again for us. Thankfully, Pep still sees what he brings to the table, so in a nutshell, you are talking crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.