David Silva - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have a rough weekend, its still less than 24 hours ago that we kicked off ;-)

First player to pass 400 games for us since Paul Power, and at his very best too.

Ha, ha, ha. No but it is a long weekend. ;-)

I'v edited my post.

400 games is a major achievement. Hadn't realised it was so long since some passed that mark until yesterday.

Nice article about our Dave in The Athletic today. Some very complimentary comments about him from fans of other clubs (including a few United fans). Think there's going to be a bit of a Premier League wide love-in at the end of the season. Get your hankys ready...

These 2 have loved each other since sergio's first game,they hugged each other that day 2 young men loving playing football together,a lot has happened since then

EC1APHOWsAI-1oM.jpg

I don't think he is retiring exactly. Doesn't he want to go home and play for his hometown club? Whatever he does, he will be stepping down and winding down towards retirement.

He's essentially trying to go out at the top and there's a lot to be said for that. I still miss playing football but what I did was recreational; he's doing it day in day out with an intensity that must be wearing on both mind and body.

That said, watching him at the weekend, his level was such that he looked to have more to offer than just this season. I do think his consistency has fallen off a bit though and maybe he is feeling that. Regardless, his performance on Sunday was a delight: a combination of wonderful skill, incisive vision and dogged determination.

He's an exceptional player and I hope City can add a Champions League medal to his glittering collection before he leaves.
Tbh I think Silva ,having had his ankles battered for a decade in the premiership is making the right decision....he surely doesn't want to be hobbling round in later years ..
The amount of knocks his ankles have taken over the years playing for us is nothing short of a disgrace.I can remember so many matches where oppenents targeted his ankles leaving him writhing around on the pitch in agony...and the pain was clearly real...but he never hid ..always got back up and still demanding the ball..consummate professional whose skifulI footballing decision making....perhaps mirrors the timing of his decision to bow out.
David Silva; always in control.

I think the media are lining him up for player of the season, which is nice.

I think the media are lining him up for player of the season, which is nice.

Wouldn’t count on that for a sec.
It’s a disgrace the player has never been nominated ever for an Individual price.
And how many journalists have come out saying that Silva would have been nominated the least if he had played at any other top team than City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.