David Silva Central Role

Saif1994

Hi everyone,

There is little doubt that last season David Silva didn't have the best of seasons. In my opinion this is because he was tactically restrained. Playing him on the left is great and everything, he can create space and drag defenders towards him and pass to overlapping full backs; however he cannot cut inside and also chances created from crosses are limited. However as good as he is, he has still managed to make the most if it. It is through the middle where he inflicts the most damage:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL70nXvXgRA&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

When deployed on the right, we essentially are trying to make him play a Messi esque role which he does reasonably well. However it is with a central role that he flourishes and becomes the real pace dictator and can pick out passes and dribble forward, shoot and provide.direct assists rather than 2nd assists like last season. This is especially important now that we don't have Tevez. With someone like Isco gone to Madrid, we now have the better option of playing Jo Jo or D.Suarez on the left, Silva in the centre and Navas.on the right. This will allow Silva more creativity and a license to drift wide to protect the full backs.

Another point I'd like to make is that Silva is surprisingly valuable to help with defending. If we have a 4-3-3 formation. Next season, playing him in central midfield albeit slightly to the left or right may protect a lone defensive midfielder, a bit like Iniesta in front of Busquets.

So where do you guys think we should place our Merlin next season?

Completely agree with you, should have him in central role so that he can influence the play most. Wasted on the left and to a lesser degree on the right. Navas/Milner on the right and Jovetic/Nasri on the left (although Nasri too is best in the middle but at least on the left he can cut in onto stronger right foot).

If we go 4-2-3-1, the "3-1" part should look like this:
--------Aguero----------
Jovetic---Silva---Navas/Milner-

or if we go 4-3-3, the "3-3" part should look like this:
Jovetic---Aguero---Navas
---Yaya-----------Silva
------Fernandinho-----

I'm reading Serie A fans say that Jovetic is wasted on the left, his best position is central.

It's a dilemma for Pellegrini, I hope he has a good solution.

Blue Haze said:
I'm reading Serie A fans say that Jovetic is wasted on the left, his best position is central.

Not good, that means we have three players (Nasri, Silva, Jovetic) who are most effective central and no one who can play on the left. Perhaps this is why we are going after Salvio.

NoahCity said:
Blue Haze said:

Not good, that means we have three players (Nasri, Silva, Jovetic) who are most effective central and no one who can play on the left. Perhaps this is why we are going after Salvio.
Whose best position is on the right

kun said:
NoahCity said:
Blue Haze said:

I thought he could play on left and then cut in onto right fit, and be goalscorign winger for us.

NoahCity said:
kun said:
NoahCity said:
I thought he could play on left and then cut in onto right fit, and be goalscorign winger for us.
Jovetic CAN do that but it's not his best position, same with Salvio.

kun said:
NoahCity said:
kun said:
Jovetic CAN do that but it's not his best position, same with Salvio.
wonder what we will do then about the left side, seems we have players who can play there but it's not their best position. Not many players on the market. There is Di Maria but he too prefers to play on the right side and cut in onto left foot.

NoahCity said:
or if we go 4-3-3, the "3-3" part should look like this:
Jovetic---Aguero---Navas
---Yaya-----------Silva
------Fernandinho-----
I completely agree with this .. That front 3 is perfect with yaya and silva playing centrally behind with fernandinho to back them up

NoahCity said:
kun said:
NoahCity said:

That is a potential solution. I didn't follow his youth career, so who knows, he may have played on the left at some point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.