David Silva Central Role

Now we can play/are playing with wingers and we can stretch teams, watch Silva shine once again.

Last year, teams knew to shackle him, now we have widemen to contemplate, therefore giving him more space and time on the ball.

It's gonna be good!!!

Don't agree with this at all, every player in the '3' behind the striker had free reign to roam about the pitch. Silva starting on the left was just a nominal position.

Great video of a fantastic player.

If Jovetic can play on the left, then he should be deployed there, allowing Merlin to fill the central rôle he plays so well.

And if we are having trouble breaking down a defence, Dave and Jojo can be swapped, though I expect this to happen within games, anyway.

i remember he used to be deplored the left side of the wings when he played for valencia.

Generally, I actually thought Silva was pretty outstanding last year, but got let down by the other players. Without Aguero and Mario for most of the year, he really didn't have anyone to play through balls to, only Zaba and occasionally Milner were making runs in behind. He needs runners, now we've got them in Jovetic and Navas and I expect him to devestate.

Personally, I don't think it matters where you position him on a teamsheet, he plays a free role anyway really. He drifts all over the place, coming deep and going out ot both wings, I think it's far more about who he has to link with

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.