David Silva (continued)

Rather than assists, look at key passes. His assists don't really do him justice considering the balls he puts through sometimes such as for Kolarov at Newcastle away and Zab at Villa home

He did say he was enjoying Manchester. But there is a G14 agenda to put us back in our box on top of UEFA's FFP disgrace, So most of our players will be tapped up for a move this transfer window. There is an agenda.

BlueTG said:
Just looking through some player stats, and his struck me.

64 assists 24 goals I think it was, but those assist statistics are higher depending on sources (some include penalties won, shots parried by a keeper, some do not).

A massive player for us in breaking our trophy duck, won the league twice, the FA cup and league cup. Arguably the best we've ever had, but easily one of the best.
He has been an influential player in all of Spain's tournament wins (Euro x2 and WC winner).

But my question is, in world football, will he go down as one of the greatest who has played the game?
I'm not saying THE best, but he's won it all and his stats and game play are up their with some of the best. Not many mention Silva when talking the best about world football outside of our supporters.

I doubt that he will go down as one of the all-time greats, simply because he plays for City.

I'm not saying this due to paranoia, or belief in agendas, etc. I'm simply convinced of this because historically, Citizens do not receive the recognition they deserve. Take the case of The King. Whenever all-time England sides are put together, Nijinsky is hardly ever mentioned. Usually, captain cripple, who isn't fit to wipe the mud off Colin's boots, never mind lace them, is included instead of the great man.

So, no, I doubt Merlin will ever receive the recognition he deserves. At least outside Manchester.

I'd say the best thing about Silva is he doesn't let the lack of recognition bother him. You don't hear him mouthing off saying the media don't rate him enough or he should be classed as one of the worlds best. He just quietly gets on with his game. He knows full well how good he is and anyone who knows anything about football does as well.

RandomJ said:
I'd say the best thing about Silva is he doesn't let the lack of recognition bother him. You don't hear him mouthing off saying the media don't rate him enough or he should be classed as one of the worlds best. He just quietly gets on with his game. He knows full well how good he is and anyone who knows anything about football does as well.
However it would be good if he won a City POTY award once while he's here.

lancs blue said:
RandomJ said:
However it would be good if he won a City POTY award once while he's here.

The fans love him. If he deserves it he'll get it.

BlueAnorak said:
He did say he was enjoying Manchester. But there is a G14 agenda to put us back in our box on top of UEFA's FFP disgrace, So most of our players will be tapped up for a move this transfer window. There is an agenda.

i have little doubt that there's a grand scheme to hold us back, but:
i) i think that even the biggest doubters and stone-wallers finally realize that not only realize that it's too late to raise the drawbridge against us, but that they're going to have to clear room for us at the head of the table sooner than later.
ii) watching our chairman's annual address fills one with a confidence that even with the G14, UEFA and Lucifer himself against us, it just wouldn't matter... our rise has been, and still is inevitable.

BlueAnorak said:
b6GJVo6.png

Didsbury Dave said:
BlueTG said:
Just looking through some player stats, and his struck me.

64 assists 24 goals I think it was, but those assist statistics are higher depending on sources (some include penalties won, shots parried by a keeper, some do not).

A massive player for us in breaking our trophy duck, won the league twice, the FA cup and league cup. Arguably the best we've ever had, but easily one of the best.
He has been an influential player in all of Spain's tournament wins (Euro x2 and WC winner).

But my question is, in world football, will he go down as one of the greatest who has played the game?
I'm not saying THE best, but he's won it all and his stats and game play are up their with some of the best. Not many mention Silva when talking the best about world football outside of our supporters.

I think he's the best playmaker in the world. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves because he rarely scores world class goals, and most people (including pundits) cast their opinions based on MOTD. What he does is open up defences again and again, week in week out, and to appreciate his talent you have to watch him every week for 90 minutes.

One World Cup is sometimes the springboard for the worldwide recognition he deserves. Might be this one. He's good enough, without a doubt.

Pretty much agree with this and hope it's a big World Cup for him because, as you say, he is more than a good enough.

Nearly 80 appearances for Spain so far and he is only 28. Shame for him that he didn't have a major part in the 2010 World Cup.

TheProdigy2k9 said:
Rather than assists, look at key passes. His assists don't really do him justice considering the balls he puts through sometimes such as for Kolarov at Newcastle away and Zab at Villa home

This needs to be brought up more by pundits, Kolarov and Zab have so many assists because 1) of the way we set up with our full backs bombing on and 2) Silva and Nasri brilliantly slipping them in when it counts. Silva's pass to Zab against Villa was as important as any pass all season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.