David Silva (continued)

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BlueTG said:
Just looking through some player stats, and his struck me.

64 assists 24 goals I think it was, but those assist statistics are higher depending on sources (some include penalties won, shots parried by a keeper, some do not).

A massive player for us in breaking our trophy duck, won the league twice, the FA cup and league cup. Arguably the best we've ever had, but easily one of the best.
He has been an influential player in all of Spain's tournament wins (Euro x2 and WC winner).

But my question is, in world football, will he go down as one of the greatest who has played the game?
I'm not saying THE best, but he's won it all and his stats and game play are up their with some of the best. Not many mention Silva when talking the best about world football outside of our supporters.

I think he's the best playmaker in the world. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves because he rarely scores world class goals, and most people (including pundits) cast their opinions based on MOTD. What he does is open up defences again and again, week in week out, and to appreciate his talent you have to watch him every week for 90 minutes.

One World Cup is sometimes the springboard for the worldwide recognition he deserves. Might be this one. He's good enough, without a doubt.

Pretty much agree with this and hope it's a big World Cup for him because, as you say, he is more than a good enough.

Nearly 80 appearances for Spain so far and he is only 28. Shame for him that he didn't have a major part in the 2010 World Cup.

He was used as a scape goat for their poor performance in their opening defeat to Switzerland. He has just got better and better every season from then on. The beauty of having a player so technically good is that he can play for years and years and we can mould the side around him.

He reminds so much of Michel laudrup,no wonder he is Silva,s fav player
If only he could be more aggressive with his shooting he will be almost unstoppable
It improved this season with him taking more shots as compared to previous seasons
Pelligerini should only make him practice shooting in pre season and nothing else

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.