David Silva could return Monday...

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

Manchester City will not wrap star midfielder David Silva in cotton wool in order to save him for a likely title run-in.

Silva missed the Blues Carling Cup semi-final first leg defeat with an ankle knock, but the Blues are hopeful he will be back to face Wigan on Monday.

“He’s just had a breather,” City coach David Platt said. “We’ve had to monitor things. With all the games that have been going on every three days, there have been a couple of occasions where we’ve decided to take David out of it and give him a breather.

“He missed the game against Liverpool because of the ankle knock. But all footballers are geared towards completing a season.

“David’s stays pretty clear of injuries, I think. But he’s always going to get little kicks and knocks because he holds on to the ball in tight areas.

“If you’re implying that we give him two or three weeks off to get him ready for the title run-in, we don’t need to do that.

“Can he play from now until the end of the season? Yeah, but we monitor it on a game-to-game basis with David.”

While Silva is likely to return, City must continue to make do without Vincent Kompany, who serves the second game of a four-match ban on Monday.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sOB0MiZuE0&feature=colike[/youtube]

I wouldn't play him on monday. An extra week's rest/recovery wouldn't do him any harm; he's been looking not quite himself the last 3 or 4 weeks and we need him back to his sublime best for the Spuds game (indeed, for the long run in). And, with no disrespect meant to Wigan, with a midfield consisting of a pick from Jimmy M, GazBaz, Nige, Samir and AJ, if we can't beat the egg chasers with those players we don't deserve to be competing for the title.

*awaits incoming*

jimharri said:
I wouldn't play him on monday. An extra week's rest/recovery wouldn't do him any harm; he's been looking not quite himself the last 3 or 4 weeks and we need him back to his sublime best for the Spuds game (indeed, for the long run in). And, with no disrespect meant to Wigan, with a midfield consisting of a pick from Jimmy M, GazBaz, Nige, Samir and AJ, if we can't beat the egg chasers with those players we don't deserve to be competing for the title.

*awaits incoming*

Haha...

Yeah I agree on the fact David hasn't looked himself lately but maybe the past weeks rest he's had will do him some good.... Platt said he picked the injury up agianst Liverpool but he played against United a few days after so I don't think it's that serious of an injury and like Platt said "just a knock" and to ease him back into a game like wigan (no disrespect to Wigan) would probably be better then against a team like Liverpool or Tottenham...

jimharri said:

*awaits incoming*

I agree with this,or even have him on the bench if things aren't going our way.

45 years of gloryhunting said:
put him on the bench ,then give him another week in gran canaria , the lad deserves it.

he can have a week in Gran Canaria when we've won the title and I've won my £100..... I refuse to loose this bet to a rag and David is my bread and butter to making sure this doesn't happen!!!

If we need David to beat Wigan then we are truly doomed for the rest of the season.

I'd rather he rested his ankle for another game, even if he doesn't need it than take even the smallest chance it will break down again.

We "should" be able to beat Wigan with our second string, ffs, most are full internationals and not in most cases for mickey mouse contries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.