David Silva for Ronaldo

ANY1aBLUE said:
Frank H said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
The swap is a no brainer, however much I despise Ronaldo. The fact is, Silva provides very little end-product i.e. he doesn't score enough. Currently, he doesn't merit a start in our starting 11 IMO.
Silva is not in the side because of his goal scoring.

Oh???????????????! Does Mancini know that? Don't know many attacking midfield players in world football who aren't expected to score goals? How many assists has he contributed directly to for goals last season then?
Yaya seems to manage his fair share from a holding midfield slot............................
Of course it's an advantage if AMPs can score goals! But none of them are primarily in the side because of their goals.

As for "assists", I can remember Silva doing his fair share last season.

He is not "on form" at present. All such players go through such phases. That's no reason to call for his removal at present, and his replacement by Ronaldo.

And actually, I trust that Mancini knows what he's doing - and Silva's value to the side, even when not scoring like a striker - much more than I trust the opinions of most fans.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Frank H said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
The swap is a no brainer, however much I despise Ronaldo. The fact is, Silva provides very little end-product i.e. he doesn't score enough. Currently, he doesn't merit a start in our starting 11 IMO.

Oh???????????????! Does Mancini know that? Don't know many attacking midfield players in world football who aren't expected to score goals? How many assists has he contributed directly to for goals last season then?
Yaya seems to manage his fair share from a holding midfield slot............................

It makes me wonder what some fans watch some times. Silva is tired, he's had far too much football over the last 12 months and more intense, fast paced, highly competitive football than any of our players. He's a fantastic player, as is Yaya. Without Silva in the side we can't keep the ball the same and don't have the same fluidity in our play. To criticise him for not scoring enough goals is ridiculous. Modric didn't score many for Spurs, but was by far their best player. Silva and Yaya are both brilliant, but Silva isn't a goal scorer- he's a creator and that's what he's brilliant at. In this case Clint Dempsey is alot better than Silva, and this is simply not the case. Silva - World Class. Dempsey - Just above average.

If that's your opinion then fair enough but I think it's such a ridiculous statement as Silva, along with Yaya is easily one of our key players and has to be one of the first names on the team sheet. As for the assists, Silva assists tally was definitely above the 20 mark, so research the facts before making comment. Just appreciate him a little, he's such a fantastic player, his attitude is spot on and his work rate is brilliant. Most APM's in the world of football don't do anywhere the amount of work he does in his own team's half. He's such a key player to the team in many ways and we sorely miss him when he's absent. He's not even close to his best but you can understand this. I just can't wait to see a fully fit, in-form David Silva again.

citizens_1976 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Frank H said:

It makes me wonder what some fans watch some times. Silva is tired, he's had far too much football over the last 12 months and more intense, fast paced, highly competitive football than any of our players. He's a fantastic player, as is Yaya. Without Silva in the side we can't keep the ball the same and don't have the same fluidity in our play. To criticise him for not scoring enough goals is ridiculous. Modric didn't score many for Spurs, but was by far their best player. Silva and Yaya are both brilliant, but Silva isn't a goal scorer- he's a creator and that's what he's brilliant at. In this case Clint Dempsey is alot better than Silva, and this is simply not the case. Silva - World Class. Dempsey - Just above average.

If that's your opinion then fair enough but I think it's such a ridiculous statement as Silva, along with Yaya is easily one of our key players and has to be one of the first names on the team sheet.
Well said.

I think he has all the attributes needed to be getting 15 goals a season in our side easy .
Great player to watch and one of the best in the league on form but I think its probably a fair criticism that he's a little bit shy when it comes to shooting.
Seen in last seasons games with Qpr and Bayern that he's more than capable of doing it.

citizens_1976 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Frank H said:

If that's your opinion then fair enough but I think it's such a ridiculous statement as Silva, along with Yaya is easily one of our key players and has to be one of the first names on the team sheet. As for the assists, Silva assists tally was definitely above the 20 mark, so research the facts before making comment. Just appreciate him a little, he's such a fantastic player, his attitude is spot on and his work rate is brilliant. Most APM's in the world of football don't do anywhere the amount of work he does in his own team's half. He's such a key player to the team in many ways and we sorely miss him when he's absent. He's not even close to his best but you can understand this. I just can't wait to see a fully fit, in-form David Silva again.
exactly
if anything David Silva should be given a couple of weeks of just to re-charge his batteries then you'll see the most influencial player in the league back to his best

citizens_1976 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Frank H said:

It makes me wonder what some fans watch some times. Silva is tired, he's had far too much football over the last 12 months and more intense, fast paced, highly competitive football than any of our players.

It was the same when he first joined City after the world cup. he didnt show his best until the middle of october

CR would never sign for us so it's kinda pointless. Personally, I despise the guy so in answer to the question: no I love David Silva.

If the situation comes about that we have to look for a replacement I would say break the bank for Jovetic as a like-for-like replacement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.