David Silva - Getting ahead of ourselves

AntMcfc

When I found out Silva had signed for City I was as excited as anybody, a truly top class player who has been courted by the biggest clubs in the world for many years, choosing City over a host of other clubs. This, in my opinion, the biggest signing the club has ever made. However, I think a lot of us are getting a little too excited about how well he's going to perform in this coming season. He's a small, technical player and we've seen in the past how players can struggle to adapt instantly to this league; coming from La Liga is a huge transition for a player of his calibur, and I think a few too many of us are expecting instant results from him.

Once he arrives and starts playing for us, we have to remember that he is after all a very young, very talented player who will require time to settle just as so many of the world's best players have done. Players like Ronaldo took 4 years to truly blossom, I get the feeling we won't be seeing the best of Silva for at least a season or two so it's imperative that we give him time, because regardless of how well he performs in this first season we know we have one of the best young talents in world football at our disposal so patience is the key and I urge this from all of you.

A classic example is Modric.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:00 pm --<br /><br />A classic example is Modric.

Modric was asked to basically run spurs when he came in. It was a tall order. Silva is more, a part of the midfield. An attacking option, but we have others. I do agree on some growing pains to the Prem, but I see that 1 or 2 months not seasons.

This, in my opinion, the biggest signing the club has ever made.

Colin Bell is the best player this club will ever sign from Bury. Watch what you are saying mate. If we signed Maradonna it would mean nothing until he produced what Nijinsky produced.

Bonol said:
This, in my opinion, the biggest signing the club has ever made.

Colin Bell is the best player this club will ever sign from Bury. Watch what you are saying mate. If we signed Maradonna it would mean nothing until he produced what Nijinsky produced.

Bonol mate, there is a difference between BIGGEST and BEST

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Bonol said:

I'm glad someone has a brain around here.

Tevez is bigger than Silva in that case. Tevez was the Argies best player at the world cup by a long shot. The fact we signed Tevez from the Rags makes him un trumpable, unles we get Rooney.

Bonol said:

Tevez is bigger than Silva in that case. Tevez was the Argies best player at the world cup by a long shot. The fact we signed Tevez from the Rags makes him un trumpable, unles we get Rooney.
Forget about the rags for two seconds will ya. Tevez was a huge signing because he's a quality player, but he didn't exactly have a whole host of huge clubs after him, he wasn't even owned by a club. He chose us because we offered him all right circumstances; a house in the NW, first team football, a good wage and the opportunity to increase his stature. Silva doesn't require any of these things from us, he could have had all of these at Barcelona, Real Madrid, Internazionale and co, who were all fighting for his signature. Silva chose us for footballing reasons, he knows we'll become a world superpower given time and he can be a huge part of this. This is why, imo, his signature is more valuable than any other, he signifies the start of a truly new era, a time where we can compete for any player on the basis of footballing terms.

ha ha - as much as I love our club we would have to be dillusional to believe that if Barca and Real were in for Silva that he would choose us for footballing reasons

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.