David Silva - Getting ahead of ourselves

FFS why all the negative shite???? the lad is class and has joined our club!!! couldnt give a shit why but hes gonna be a bloody star this coming season!! people need to stop over analysing and start enjoying!!! we are now finally ready to challenge for the top honours!!

MadchesterCity said:
ha ha - as much as I love our club we would have to be dillusional to believe that if Barca and Real were in for Silva that he would choose us for footballing reasons

Well apparently they were in for him, but we offer him something they do not and that is first team football

He wouldnt get infront of messi at barcelona. He knows this is the right move, im guessing wads of money in ya sky rocket is good as well but as everyone else says big players dont care about money its trophies they want so that shows a huge shift in 1 season

meeesh said:
Cant understand why he didnt play so much in WC though ?

it was actually quite strange, because he was an integral part of the squad until game 2

I agree with the OP. We will need to give him time to settle... but we wont. As a collective, the only people our fans give a smidgen of time to are Academy graduates.

Firstly regarding giving the fella time to settle I totally agree. As regards his transfer several factors have to be considered.

1)Obviously the money is a big one this has to be admitted.

2)The attraction of the Premiership.

3)After already selling Villa to Barca Valencia were very reluctant to sell another of the star players to a fellow Spanish outfit (Barca or Madrid).

4)The debt of building the new stadium meant they needed the best return possible for him. Thus elevating City above everyone else.

dref619 said:
meeesh said:
Cant understand why he didnt play so much in WC though ?

it was actually quite strange, because he was an integral part of the squad until game 2

I dont know if there is any validity but there were strong rumours around at the time that the spanish squad had all agreed that there would be no involvement in domestic transfers during the world cup, with his move to us it was speculated he had breached this and pissed Del Bosque off who was fortunate enough to have plenty of options in midfield and stayed true to the agreement shunning David to an extent due to him breaking the agreement the squad had.

Sounds excessive to me but that was the rumour at the time.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
dref619 said:

I dont know if there is any validity but there were strong rumours around at the time that the spanish squad had all agreed that there would be no involvement in domestic transfers during the world cup, with his move to us it was speculated he had breached this and pissed Del Bosque off who was fortunate enough to have plenty of options in midfield and stayed true to the agreement shunning David to an extent due to him breaking the agreement the squad had.

Yep heard exactly the same thing. However they totally changed the formation as well to further incorporate Iniesta. In the euros and indeed the qualifiers for the World Cup Silva played a massive (sorry) part.

Blue Lloyd said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:

Yep heard exactly the same thing. However they totally changed the formation as well to further incorporate Iniesta. In the euros and indeed the qualifiers for the World Cup Silva played a massive (sorry) part.
Hadn't heard anything I can remember but, had suspected this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.