David Silva - Getting ahead of ourselves

AntMcfc said:
When I found out Silva had signed for City I was as excited as anybody, a truly top class player who has been courted by the biggest clubs in the world for many years, choosing City over a host of other clubs. This, in my opinion, the biggest signing the club has ever made. However, I think a lot of us are getting a little too excited about how well he's going to perform in this coming season. He's a small, technical player and we've seen in the past how players can struggle to adapt instantly to this league; coming from La Liga is a huge transition for a player of his calibur, and I think a few too many of us are expecting instant results from him.

Once he arrives and starts playing for us, we have to remember that he is after all a very young, very talented player who will require time to settle just as so many of the world's best players have done. Players like Ronaldo took 4 years to truly blossom, I get the feeling we won't be seeing the best of Silva for at least a season or two so it's imperative that we give him time, because regardless of how well he performs in this first season we know we have one of the best young talents in world football at our disposal so patience is the key and I urge this from all of you.

I worry too also - he is going to find it difficult in his first season - as was Robiniho was Silva will be a marked man - ithis (and others) is the reason i want to keep Bellars here.

Give him time and a season and i am sure he will be one of the best signings the club has ever had.

AntMcfc said:
When I found out Silva had signed for City I was as excited as anybody, a truly top class player who has been courted by the biggest clubs in the world for many years, choosing City over a host of other clubs. This, in my opinion, the biggest signing the club has ever made. However, I think a lot of us are getting a little too excited about how well he's going to perform in this coming season. He's a small, technical player and we've seen in the past how players can struggle to adapt instantly to this league; coming from La Liga is a huge transition for a player of his calibur, and I think a few too many of us are expecting instant results from him.

Once he arrives and starts playing for us, we have to remember that he is after all a very young, very talented player who will require time to settle just as so many of the world's best players have done. Players like Ronaldo took 4 years to truly blossom, I get the feeling we won't be seeing the best of Silva for at least a season or two so it's imperative that we give him time, because regardless of how well he performs in this first season we know we have one of the best young talents in world football at our disposal so patience is the key and I urge this from all of you.
So what you are saying basically is we should expect him to be shit,anything else is a bonus?

alot of you are underrating him, he's a grafter, not some lightweight foreigner that goes down at every oppurtunity, this lad will work and work and work yet he'll still have the craft and guile to unlock any defence Cannot wait to see him.

he's proved he can work hard and that he isn't a lightweight, don't expect to much from him and don't underestimate him,

i can't wait to see him play, real quality player, he may need a few months to adapt, but just like anyone, give him time

I'm really excited about seeing Silva, he is one of those rare players who makes the game so enjoyable. His passing, touch, vision and awareness will be a major boost to our midfield and like a few others have said he's very hardworking. As we saw in the friendly against Sporting Lisbon last night, I think it's very apparent that we will play a midfield diamond in the majority of games this season with Silva being the main creative force just behind the front two. I just really hope the talent Silva has will bring the best out of Stephen Ireland in the same way Robinho did when he first arrived at the club. The thought of Silva and Ireland in the same midfield combined with the the industry and battling qualities of Yaya Toure and Milner really does make me think that we can be major contenders for the league title this year. Maybe it's a year too early but the potential is frightening.

my knowledge of him comes mainly from Euro 08 where I watched him intently. on occasion he was better than Xavi or Iniesta. he seamed to never make a wrong pass and his control and decision making was always class. One of those players that hates to give a bad ball or make a bad decision so they seam to rarely happen.

meeesh said:
Cant understand why he didnt play so much in WC though ?

I think there were a couple of reasons why he did not play much at the World Cup. The existing midfield at Spain's benefit and he broke a rule by negotiating his contract with us during camp.

Just my opinion - Del Bos?? said he was not happy with it.

fatbloke said:
I'm really excited about seeing Silva, he is one of those rare players who makes the game so enjoyable. His passing, touch, vision and awareness will be a major boost to our midfield and like a few others have said he's very hardworking. As we saw in the friendly against Sporting Lisbon last night, I think it's very apparent that we will play a midfield diamond in the majority of games this season with Silva being the main creative force just behind the front two. I just really hope the talent Silva has will bring the best out of Stephen Ireland in the same way Robinho did when he first arrived at the club. The thought of Silva and Ireland in the same midfield combined with the the industry and battling qualities of Yaya Toure and Milner really does make me think that we can be major contenders for the league title this year. Maybe it's a year too early but the potential is frightening.

First, I apologize for not knowing how to write in English, I'm Canario, the same town as David Silva (Arguineguin), a municipality pricipalmente work for English tourism (95%).

I just want to say that David Silva is exactly as you describe, a player with "magic" as Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas, players who have what any modern football team needs to succeed today as in Barcelona or selection from Spain .... creativity. Yes, creativity, Silva is going to give it in abundance at Manchester City.

Congratulations on your signing, we, the canaries, yet we left the wonder of how you got it, from now on personally follow Manchester City matches.

Greetings from the Canary Islands, and sorry for not knowing English.

Arguineguin said:
fatbloke said:

First, I apologize for not knowing how to write in English, I'm Canario, the same town as David Silva (Arguineguin), a municipality pricipalmente work for English tourism (95%).

I just want to say that David Silva is exactly as you describe, a player with "magic" as Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas, players who have what any modern football team needs to succeed today as in Barcelona or selection from Spain .... creativity. Yes, creativity, Silva is going to give it in abundance at Manchester City.

Congratulations on your signing, we, the canaries, yet we left the wonder of how you got it, from now on personally follow Manchester City matches.

Greetings from the Canary Islands, and sorry for not knowing English.

I have only seen David a couple of times on TV and in some clips, but was impressed with his control and passing ability.

I would say he is very much like Modric and can have the same effect for us, as he has done for Spurs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.