David Silva leaves City after 10 years

Exit as befits a Spanish sporting icon.
He’ll be loved there more. Real Sociedad are in San Sebastián - a fantastic city. I will make it there one day

That just sums up to perfection the typical know nowt rent a gobshite that gets air play within the media these days, clearly zero background work done and just says the first pile of absolute shite that comes into their heads, fuckin appalling!

Its like basic fucking background.................another one stealing a living

What happened to all these so called itk’s claiming he had already signed for Lazio?

Surprised He’s gone back to Spain and it isn’t Valencia or his home town club . Sociedad have got a special player, let’s hope their fans have the privilege of witnessing the legend in the flesh at some point

Not a big fan of statues. Who to honour and who not?
Alan Oakes played over 700 games for City, but has no memorial.
I like Gary James idea: a sort of champions walk with all the greats represented by a plaque or stone. That way, we all can luxuriate in the memory of our particular favourite.
Still, if we have to have a statue, Dave deserves it more than most.
Thank you, El Mago.
I’d do both, happy to have Silva, Kompany and Sergio statues but stop there unless someone like KDB wins us the CL.

Don’t get me wrong for the record David (my opinion) is in a dead heat with Colin. I’d love a statue however if we start (seem to have already done this) marking the whole campus with references to the great achievements of the last 10 years then we run the risk of playing into the “no istory” campaigners hands. Having said that we do have the “Colin Bell Stand” and the mosaic of “sir Joe” and rather sad side entrance I think for deliveries round the back of the campus called in honour of Mike Doyle. Maybe others ........ but again we putting a watershed around our istory 1968 - 2020 is not even half the story

My preference .... expand the Museum and have a dedicated floor to our current era.... just making sure is proportionate to our history which as already stated recently pre dates nearly every fukin club in the world
the “current” era should be marked by the appointment of Kevin Keegan the foundations of this era started years before the Sheik and we need to make that very clear

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.