David Silva leaves City after 10 years

I would say nowt wrong with statues of the present great players we have, but Someone like Billy Meredith should also have one imho.

In fact they should bin off the pictures on the walls and have depictions of our history carved into the concrete sides to the stadium wall in a very greek/roman/gothic style.

Then we could celebrate all our heroes past and present..

niche5.jpg

I'm glad he has gone to sociedad, instead of lazio. He could have done with a couple more years champions league football, but i always liked thinking it wasn't about that, it was s homecoming (of sorts). Great place to live, and play more often.

He also took a 2 year contract over a 3 year one, so the hinting in our media that he didn't want to stay here because we weren't offering him a long enough contract is a spin on it that can fuck right off.

As others have said, just Silva doesn’t seem right as football is a team game.

Newcastle presumably honour Shearer somewhere (the Premier League’s top scorer too) but he carried them.

A number of players contributed to the success at City. De Bruyne could usurp Silva if he carries on as he is.
Shearer has a statue, he won absolutely fuck all with them.

Shearer has a statue, he won absolutely fuck all with them.

He did help relegate them though once

With newcastle the same could be said on the bobby robson one (still a legendry football figure) if he has one why not Pardew?

Some clubs have statues for the sake of it imho.

Last edited:
The Internet is full of millennial (I am one so can say it) and generation Z armchair fans who know nothing about football.

If we put up a statue of Trautmann, imo City’s greatest ever legend, they’d take the piss saying no one has heard of him, despite anyone who knows anything about football doing so.

Best to ignore them.

Statue fully deserved.

What does a player have to do to have a stand named after them?

If we'd have signed him from Bury instead of Valencia he would have had the East Stand, but I think Khaldoon is reserving that for Dave Ewing, . . . . . .or Bill Leivers . . . . . . . . . . or it could be Bert Trautmann, But then what about Bobby Johnstone? We could have a set of named stands on the inside and have different names on the outside, and it is about time we named a few stands over at the Academy. I'd love to take my seat in The Dave Ewing Stand. Trouble is, the people over the road have no fuckin' imagination.

Surely, a statue of the triumvirate Kompany, Silva and Aquero would be the most appropriate, key teammates in the same golden era.
As for stand naming, our old friends in the emergency services prefer stands named after the compass, so discourage other notions. But we do have a Colin Bell stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.