David Silva new appearance record for MCFC

He`s scored some "marvellous OG`s" over the years SB.Still love the guy who regularly defends our corner.
He’s still one of my favourite players of all time, mate! Not for the same reasons as David or Vinny, but he contributed a lot to who we are as a club, including those own goals. ;-)

WOW I don`t remember that incident (or I`d not heard about).I do remember the young lad and his old man getting into a bit of a skirmish with Barton,but not Dunny having a go at Barton.He should have killed the scouse twat and done us all a big favour.
To go back on topic before their hammer falls, this does highlight how much our recruitment has changed over the past decade.

If anything remotely like this were to be written about David now, for instance, most would immediately dismiss it as fabricated (and would most certainly be right).

We’ve had players that filled column inches since the takeover (Carlos, Mario, Kolo, Yaya, Samir, etc), but even they were for more on the pitch / club-related situations (or personal escapades), and we have very few that create any legitimate negative press at all these days (the media generally have to make up things to write about us now, i.e. Kun-Pep, Kev-Pep, Sterling-Anyone/Anything).

We’ve slowly shifted to bringing in players like David: humble, focused, classy, and appreciative of their position.

There will be the odd legitimate “bad” player-related story, but gone are the days of the back pages constantly being filled with accounts of bust ups, lewd nights out, or generally dubious behaviour. Now it’s just smears on the club itself, mostly motivated by jealousy, racism, and rivalry.

Those may not go away, unfortunately, but I think the club have done a superb job building a team full of Davids, rather than Joeys.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.