David Silva new appearance record for MCFC

"PL record" means nothing. PL was just a rebrand, nothing more.

Long may Dave continue to move up our list of top flight appearances

This means nothing. He’s an absolute legend already but he doesn’t need spurious bollocks like this. It’s appearances, full stop. Not “Premier League” nonsense.
Do we need to chalk off the 106 goal record the Centurions scored as well as that was a PL record? Villa plus a few other teams have scored more.

Do we need to chalk off the 106 goal record the Centurions scored as well as that was a PL record? Villa plus a few other teams have scored more.
If sides have scored more in the English top division than we did last season then we don't hold the record.
This Premier league only stuff is boll0cks

If sides have scored more in the English top division than we did last season then we don't hold the record.
This Premier league only stuff is boll0cks
To an extent I agree but records need to be pro-ratar to take into account 2/3 points per win, number of games & probably rule changes.

Records from for example 'colour TV onwards' are also perhaps a separate type of measurement as football has changed totally. 6-3, 7-2 games happened much more regularly in the old days.

It's all a bit like who is the best player ever for City...could Dave have done what he does now in the 50's, how good would Tony Towers be with today's training & lifestyle etc

Great player, City legend, model professional, and easily the best Spaniard to play in the league. Personally, I don't think he's our greatest ever player but he's still one of the best in PL history. 100+ appearances for the greatest ever Spain side speaks volumes too. Even though Yaya was amazing in 13-14, I think Dave got hard done by in not winning player of the year for those 3 performances alone in the away games at United, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.