David Silva - The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Just made the game look so, so easy. An absolute genius and I feel privileged to have seen him in a City shirt. Criminally overlooked by everyone except fans of City and Spain.

Such a shame that defending himself from a rabble of Spanish gipsy thugs who targeted him and his brother, and who were shocked when the Silva brothers turned out to be quite capable of defending themselves, has led to a disgusting assault on David’s reputation by elements of the UK press

Used to frequent the football365 forum and the number of times I'd see gobshites say he was below carzola and Mata was frightening.

I have watched football for the best part of70 years; never have I seen anyone like him. Perhaps only Messi played in that style. We had el Mago for all his peak years. A football genius.

So many people associated with the game of football on the British isles should hang their head in shame for actively working against the best player of a decade getting any recognition at all.

Just his powderpuff finishing prevented him being on a par with Messi really.

(And, of course, the fact he played for City)

Used to frequent the football365 forum and the number of times I'd see gobshites say he was below carzola and Mata was frightening.
Xavi and Iniesta both said on numerous occasions that Silva was absolutely essential for that Spain team between 2008-2014 where they were winning everything.

They never said that about Mata and Cazorla

In fact I'm sure Xavi said if there was one player he would of loved to have at Barcelona it was Sliva

One of the greatest players not only to play for City but in the history of the Premier League.

And he’s still got the magic.

The way he delays and makes the pass at 1:19 of the first video (6-1 highlights) is something that's always stuck with me and remembered. No idea why. It's just so simple but effective. Epitomises everything good about him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.