David Silva - The Man, The Myth, The Legend

No. Yaya was fantastic for us, no questioning that. But he blotted his copybook with his (and his agent's) antics re cakegate. And then accusing Pep of racism. Great player? Yes, absolutely. Legend? Absolutely not.
He is a legend for what he’s done for this club, bit of a twat after he left but that doesn’t mean what he did on the pitch doesn’t count.

You could wipe 4/5 trophies away without that man.

He is a legend for what he’s done for this club, bit of a twat after he left but that doesn’t mean what he did on the pitch doesn’t count.

Probably wipe away the same with no David Silva the man who made it all tick.

Probably wipe away the same with no David Silva the man who made it all tick.
We’d have probably done the fa cup in 2011 without Silva but we wouldn’t have won anything else for a while without him either, correct.

Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero are the original legends of our greatest era.

We’d have probably done the fa cup in 2011 without Silva but we wouldn’t have won anything else for a while without him either, correct.

Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero are the original legends of our greatest era.
Yet only three of them have a statue, it is a shame but he brought it on himself at the end of the day.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion. For me, a player can often be looked upon as a legend as muchfor what he did off the pitch as for what he did on it. Goater is looked upon by many City fans as a legend. Was he 10% of the player Yaya was? Of course not. Nowhere near. But he gave everything when he was on the pitch. Ditto Andy Morrison, Paul Dickov etc etc. Sterling won a bunch of trophies with us; will he be remembered as a legend? I'm not sure he will. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Yet only three of them have a statue, it is a shame but he brought it on himself at the end of the day.
No argument about the statue not going up from me, he should have had one but played the race card for no reason and shot himself in the foot.

I still choose to look back fondly at what he did on the pitch and the memories he gave us.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion. For me, a player can often be looked upon as a legend as muchfor what he did off the pitch as for what he did on it. Goater is looked upon by many City fans as a legend. Was he 10% of the player Yaya was? Of course not. Nowhere near. But he gave everything when he was on the pitch. Ditto Andy Morrison, Paul Dickov etc etc. Sterling won a bunch of trophies with us; will he be remembered as a legend? I'm not sure he will. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
We will have to.

My only closing point is Yaya personally dragged us to not only trophy wins, but our first trophy wins since the 1970s.

That would make him a legend for any club.

No. Yaya was fantastic for us, no questioning that. But he blotted his copybook with his (and his agent's) antics re cakegate. And then accusing Pep of racism. Great player? Yes, absolutely. Legend? Absolutely not.
Cakegate ffs media shite and who gives a shit? Yaya is a leg end for me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.