Probably the best player in the world at the moment
Watch and enjoy
You muppet

dy7wk3.jpg

Beautiful pass.

King Geedorah said:
Frank H said:
King Geedorah said:
I never said he would never show up for a big game. Just that he hadn't yet; which he hadn't. I also maintained he should have started today.

Anyway it was worth the wait and fair play to the little man he's done the business. Hopefully we'll get more of the same in future big games.
However, unless Silva plays at least as well, or even better, in every big game, you might revert to your initial baseless assertion.

Those who want to think poorly of particular players will always find a reason for their disdain, since no player can ever play well in every game.

I see Messi missed a penalty in Barca's 0-0 draw. He clearly doesn't show up for every big game.

Mate I'm easy for now. Killed off the Everton game, arguably got the decisive flick for the Villareal winner and took United to pieces today. Done enough to get me off his back for a good while atleast.

However I'll never take back that I thought he bottled it majorly at Wembley twice and had a few other nothing games for us.
I expect you're a fine fellow and I have nothing against you.

And your apparent attitude towards Silva only replicates that of many fans towards particular players.

But I do think it rather sad how many fans, individually or collectively, take against certain players, using games in which they haven't played well as an excuse for their negative attitude. If you want to remember games in which Silva hasn't played well, and continue to let that influence your judgement of him, you are of course free to do so, but it won't let your view of him ever to be particularly fair.

Messi, for example, certainly hasn't performed in all his big games (why didn't Argentina win the World Cup?), but he is often portrayed in forums as a player on a totally different planet to Silva, Aguero, etc. But I certainly wouldn't want to use those games to deny that Messi was a great player.

However your attitude is an antidote to those fans whose real allegiance seems to be to a certain player, rather than to Man.City as a whole (Dzeko seems to have a particularly large number of these). However, I get the impression that most of the admiration for Silva in this forum is purely for his football, and not engendered for other reasons.

I've been thinking this for a while but felt I was getting ahead of myself.

There's one player Silva reminds me of more and more with each passing game. Zidane. If he maintains his current form he could reach similar heights for club and country.

They both carry the ball in a very similar way and have the staggering ability to read their opponents' physical momentum & thought process to slip away from challenges. Neither have pace or use excessive showboating but still manage to glide past people. There was one moment today halfway through the second half when 2 United players were all anticipating Silva to jink to the left or right to evade them. He clearly anticipated where they would move next and simply carried on in a straight line past both of them as they shifted slightly to his left/right. Genius.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.