David Silva

“I am very happy in England, I have two years on my contract and I want to complete it,” he said. “Right now I do not want to return to Spain. I’m happy, people treat me great and I hope to get more enjoyment. “In addition, Mancini has total confidence in me. That’s important for a player and I’m happy, team-mates are adapting to my game and that’s also very good for me. In England, football is enjoyed to the fullest.”
Sounds to me though, he loves life in England.

Everyone expects this guy to commit the next 8 years of his life here. I'm fine if he takes his time before signing a contract. The worst thing in the world would be signing a long term deal and wanting out in the middle of it.

I don't really see Silva leaving for Madrid, at least while Mourinho is still there. If I remember correctly, the transfer was all but complete in 2010 but then Mourinho arrived and told them he didn't want Silva. Plus Silva has said he is happy in England and really likes the style of football.

The reality is good players will join barca and Madrid but good players will leave. We have to make sure if we lose a zabba we gain an Alves or if we lose a Silva we gain an Ozil or De Maria

i dont know why people prefer to listen to twitter/media bollocks instead of what Silva actually said. he frequently wrote on his website davidjimenezsilva.com/en that he's happy, that he wants to give everything for us to repay our support, etc.

his last post on his website was about a week ago in which he said that he had become "a true blue" or something along that lines, and that he wants to win us more trophies next season

silva_21 said:
i dont know why people prefer to listen to twitter/media bollocks instead of what Silva actually said. he frequently wrote on his website davidjimenezsilva.com/en that he's happy, that he wants to give everything for us to repay our support, etc.

his last post on his website was about a week ago in which he said that he had become "a true blue" or something along that lines, and that he wants to win us more trophies next season

I'm on his site mate,where are the comments he has said cant find them.
cheers.

mcfc2607 said:
silva_21 said:

I'm on his site mate,where are the comments he has said cant find them.
cheers.

It's here: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.davidjimenezsilva.com/en/opinion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.davidjimenezsilva.com/en/opinion</a>

CHAMPIONS!!

Finally we have got the Premier League title after a crazy and unbelievable end of season. In the aggregate we got turn on the result and we became the new Champions of England. It has been a arduous job but finally, after 44 years, all the 'Citizens' can enjoy this historic victory. In only two years in Manchester I have been able to win the most prestigious titles in England: the FA Cup on 2011 and the Premier League on 2012. That's thanks everyone of my teammates and thanks of everybody who, day after day, is supporting us from his seat in Etihad Stadium or from his house. I feel very comfortable here from I arrived and nowadays I have just felt like a complete 'Citizen' man.

Thanks for everything, I hope next season we will get more cups and make a nice Eurocup with my National Team.

David Silva

alky313 said:
Everyone expects this guy to commit the next 8 years of his life here. I'm fine if he takes his time before signing a contract. The worst thing in the world would be signing a long term deal and wanting out in the middle of it.
Sounds a very strange management strategy to me! City have always treated our players superbly and bent over backwards to make them happy. Letting his contract run down will just de-value his resale value. If he wants to return to Spain in say 2 years time then so be it, but it would be foolish for him to go for nothing. Negotiate a new contract but let him know if he wants to go we will oblige him, (as the rags did with Ronaldo). United are currently negotiating for Kagawa who has only 12 months to go on his contract, the transfer is approx. £13m which is significantly below what you would expect to pay for a player of his talent. This time next year Silva will be in the same position.

suvommukherjee08 said:
Nandito said:
I think that Silva is happy in England but I don´t know how long...I don´t see him like Xabi Alonso, Reina or Torres, who addapted fast to the country and league, I see him more like Reyes (Arsenal), who couldn´t talk a word in english and was really homesick.Fans love Silva but I think that Mourinho doesn´t like him too much. He prefers players with more phisical skill, like Di Maria or Khedira, who are running 90 minutes, even Ozil, who is a genius had problems to finish many games. The summer 2013 will be election for Madrid president, in that moment I´m sure that Florentino would try to get Silva for the votes, but at the moment...very tough transfer.
Something good in Madrid is that we are not an unlimited society, therefore We will never be "Madrinski" :D, but in the other hand that provokes many political decisions to calm the Bernabeu partners, the owners:
-Mourinho didn´t want Valdano like general manager, he got him sacked but in exchange he had to keep Benzema to try to make him better.
-Mourinho and Casillas doesn´t have any kind of relationship, not even a word months ago, He wanted to sell him, something impossible right now, in exchange he got the medical control in club from next year.
-He bought Coentrao for 30 million (Jorge Mendes), he was a big flop and probably in exchange he will have to accept that the fans want to see Silva.

A week ago I read that during the celebration dinner was a conversation between Mourinho and Florentino, he said "presidente, if you want to win the 10th champions league...spend 40 millions and buy Toure Yaya". In my opinion would be great but 29 years old, high wages and high transfer..

OMG even Bobby said this to HH Sheikh "If you want to win thizz Champions league..Spend 100 million and buy Ronaldo Cristiano" IMO,would be great but 27 years old,Diver,cheat,and a former scum.

But I'd have him tomorrow.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.