David Silva

Silva's only great Game in the calender year of 2012 in a City shirt was that 4-0 win against West Brom last season. Just looks off it and has done for ages, and worse than that our formation is entirely built around Silva, and giving him free reign.

And when he's off it, we have no passing game. We can't afford to be this reliant on him or just sit around and wait for him get the magic back. Bleak times.

K-Bo said:
Silva's only great Game in the calender year of 2012 in a City shirt was that 4-0 win against West Brom last season. Just looks off it and has done for ages, and worse than that our formation is entirely built around Silva, and giving him free reign.

And when he's off it, we have no passing game. We can't afford to be this reliant on him or just sit around and wait for him get the magic back. Bleak times.

This, dining out on past glories at the minute.

Hasn't been hitting good form for us consistently since last Christmas.
Now it seems his magic touch, passing and dribbles are just not there at the moment.
Our game is really suffering for it now nasri is out.
It's a really shame because i was worshipping his play last season, now im not sure he should be starting automatically.

Why wouldn't he be interested he just signed a new contract,a big 5 years one,he is going to come good, we should worry about toure not being able to play in 2 men midfield, is he that limited, i hope not.

He did n't look awful but definitely was n't on his game today, I think it is worth mentioning that Mertersacker(sp) looked class today and made some great interceptions in front of the box. People have said silva looked hungry and good defensively, I agree.Is it perhaps time to bing him further back give him more options and the ball and turn him in to regista like Luiz Suarez at Inter, and then for now have a player with more drive like tevez or Milner operate off the strikers. Is it the case that maybe younger players make better 10s and so maybe it could be a permanent switch, we get our Xavi type and buy somebody like Goetze or Munain to play as a trequartista. The trouble with playing Silva in that role is he does n't get a huge amount of goals so it puts the pressure on him to keep up his creative duties which at the amount don't justify his place in the team, perhaps Goetze or Munain would score more goals and add the pace that would make us more effective.

micah2013 said:
Why wouldn't he be interested he just signed a new contract,a big 5 years one,he is going to come good, we should worry about toure not being able to play in 2 men midfield, is he that limited, i hope not.
So we can get a big fat fee for him next year - seriously worried that the delay was down to him wanting out and the club convincing him he can go as long as he signs and we get well recompensed. One good game in 8 months is really not on for a player of his ability - no excuses. To me a bad run of form is 6 to 8 games. We are clearly lacking in the creativity dept with Nasri also out atm. The next 5 games will be crucial

We're now coming to the end of September and i am yet to see him play well this year.

For a player of his ability he should be running games more often than not, very poor and shouldn't play when Nasri comes back if it's one of the other.

rickmcfc said:
Very poor yet again. When did he last put in a decent performance, say 8/10?

Deffo +1, i think it could be time for Silva to hang-up his silky skills, and face up to it,
he's a born goalkeeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.