David Silva

Matt the Giant

Again Real Madrid has made their interest in him known, and would an offer come in I'm 100% sure David would listen to it. That's not saying he hates the UK and Manchester, just that he prefers Spain and Madrid. Nothing wrong with that.

Let's be honest here, and for a moment take off the blue-tinted glasses: David hasn't exactly been that magical this season has he? In fact, it's over a year now since he was in that "magical" form which made everyone in football place him amongst the best players in the world. That he was for a few months back in the late 2011 but not anywhere near that kind of status it since then.

So what we have to ask ourselves is; Is it likely that he will once again reach that level of quality here with us, or do we use this potential golden opportunity to make a lot of money and sell him to Real?

I really really can't emphasize enough how much like the man, but... he's simply not that good anymore.
He's behind the likes of Bryan Ruiz, Maloney and Lennon is the assist league and has only three goals.

Could we really afford to turn down a 30mil offer for him? And should we?

I'm beginning to think we can do better for that kind of money, but it honestly hurts me to say so.

No, he is a fantastic player and actually has been showing signs of really good form in the last couple of months. Okay he wasn't that good yesterday (no one really was) but has been one of our better players lately. We can overhaul the squad, sure, but it's paramount that we don't sell off the backbone of the squad which includes Silva. Get Silva a helping hand, a playmaker that actually does something except pirouettes and short sideways passes, and he would have more space and less pressure on him. Iniesta has Xavi/Thiago/Pedro/Sanchez. Mata has Hazard/Oscar/Moses. Ozil has Di Maria/Alonso/Modric. Valencia has Kagawa/Young/Nani. We have... Nasri and Milner (sort of, the fact he is one of our playmakers/wingers when he's a better midfielder says everything) with Sinclair missing in action.

He's been our best attacking player all season, Dzeko included.
£30m wouldn't be a fair price for a player of his quality either, and who do you think we could get for the same price, and don't undervalue players or throw out players' names who wouldn't come here like Gotze, Ozil etc..

Silva is a fantastic player but unfortunately he lacks the consistent end product of someone like Mata and as such he requires the players in front of him to be on form. When they are on form he can become the best player in the league but when they aren't, like they are now, he just looks average.

ForzaMancini said:
Silva is a fantastic player but unfortunately he lacks the consistent end product of someone like Mata and as such he requires the players in front of him to be on form. When they are on form he can become the best player in the league but when they aren't, like they are now, he just looks average.

You may have to change your user name soon ;-)

SPIDERBOY said:
ForzaMancini said:

You may have to change your user name soon ;-)

No, I'd be happy to keep it because I would still respect Mancini and everything he has done for the club.

jimmy blue shoes said:
£20 mil + Modric. Done!

That would make our central midfield stronger, but our wing play weaker. But it's a good deal financially.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
get real.
hes just signed a new deal, and an inform david silva is the best player in the league.

I am real. This is not me saying I want him out, just discussing the possibility of us facing a great offer from Real this summer.
The fact that he just signed a deal mean absolutely nothing.
And I agree, an inform David is amongst the best in the world. But we haven't seen that inform a lot lately have we? How long do we dare to wait, and risk loosing out on a shit-load of cash for him?

LoveCity said:
No, he is a fantastic player

Which he hasn't bee shpwing that often though. Some games he's pretty invisible.

We can overhaul the squad, sure, but it's paramount that we don't sell off the backbone of the squad which includes Silva. Get Silva a helping hand, a playmaker that actually does something except pirouettes and short sideways passes, and he would have more space and less pressure on him.
I agree with this. Iniesta has Xavi/Thiago/Pedro/Sanchez. Mata has Hazard/Oscar/Moses. Ozil has Di Maria/Alonso/Modric. Valencia has Kagawa/Young/Nani. We have... Nasri and Milner (sort of, the fact he is one of our playmakers/wingers when he's a better midfielder says everything) with Sinclair missing in action.

I agree with this, and I hope our manager next season base our attack on Silva played as a central attacking mid. But as you say, he'll need more wide (and significantly better) options than what today's squad can offer.

Joehannes said:
He's been our best attacking player all season
You think so? Not arguing with you, but it just seems wrong to me.

£30m wouldn't be a fair price for a player of his quality either, and who do you think we could get for the same price, and don't undervalue players or throw out players' names who wouldn't come here like Gotze, Ozil etc..

Ha ha.. don't worry, I wont.
I actually around 30 to 34mil would be a fair price considering what he's actually bring to our team atm. One year ago I would have placed a 50mil tag on him, as that would fairly reflect his value at that time.

As for who to bring in... I don't know. Would depend on what type of formation we'd play I say. If we wanted to replace him as a wing option in a 4-3-3, maybe Shurrle would be an option and let yaya play in the central attacking mid position.

ForzaMancini said:

This is unfortunately true. But should we give up on him or give him another season to regain that magical form?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.