David Silva

Matt the Giant said:
ElanJo said:
Yep, sell our best player.

Best players this season are Zabaleta, Clichy and Milner. We're talking about Silva here.

We don't have an ounce of creativity in the side without Silva. Selling him would be madness and I can't believe I just read someone suggesting we sell Silva and give Nasri his place. No, you sell Nasri and buy a pacy, direct playmaker instead to compliment Silva. Silva is a fantastic footballer, probably the most talented at the club, but there is too much pressure on his shoulders. When you have one creative source in the entire team, the opposition will focus on said source. When you have two or three the opponents can't work on isolating one and that one player has more freedom and less pressure. Just like Aguero, we're not getting the best out of Silva. Mancini isn't getting the best out of most of our attacking players, he can only seem to get the very best out of defensive players like Zabaleta and Kompany.

Keep Silva he is world class Madrid will focus on Bale and Falcao so hopefully Barca stay clear from Sergio. We just need Silva to hit top form

He'll be gone over the summer... Back to Spain. He doesn't look happy and has not been 25% of the player he was last season, even when he's played "well".

Best thing City have done this year was getting him to sign a 5-year contract. We'll be in the driving seat for the transfer and should get a fortune for him.

Replacement..? Probably Modric.

Lavinda Past said:
He'll be gone over the summer... Back to Spain. He doesn't look happy and has not been 25% of the player he was last season, even when he's played "well".

Best thing City have done this year was getting him to sign a 5-year contract. We'll be in the driving seat for the transfer and should get a fortune for him.

He has though

Lavinda Past said:

If we want to downgrade our team then Modric would be an ideal replacement for Silva. He's not at the same level. If you suggested Ozil then that might be more suited.

There is NO indication Silva is unhappy with life here, in fact words out of his mouth suggest the opposite.

And Silva has been fantastic at times this season, he started poorly but has been one of our best players in recent months. He outshone the entire Real Madrid team in the home fixture against them, showing his quality.

Again: Mancini is not getting the best out of any of our attacking players. Our stunted and limited attacking tactics are playing a big part of this. I'm 99% sure Silva will stay and will be part of a better attacking system next season.

Matt the Giant said:
ElanJo said:

Best players this season are Zabaleta, Clichy and Milner. We're talking about Silva here.
How many league games has Milner played all season? Had a very good January QPR aside but can't remember him putting in any performances of note outside of Jana nd Liverpool last week.

LoveCity said:
Lavinda Past said:

If we want to downgrade our team then Modric would be an ideal replacement for Silva. He's not at the same level. If you suggested Ozil then that might be more suited.

There is NO indication Silva is unhappy with life here, in fact words out of his mouth suggest the opposite.

And Silva has been fantastic at times this season, he started poorly but has been one of our best players in recent months. He outshone the entire Real Madrid team in the home fixture against them, showing his quality.

Again: Mancini is not getting the best out of any of our attacking players. Our stunted and limited attacking tactics are playing a big part of this. I'm 99% sure Silva will stay and will be part of a better attacking system next season.

Fair comment LC, but let's face it, Silva ain't gonna say "I don't like it here" publicly is he?

Body language is everything - Just like Aguero and Tevez... not entirely happy bunnies imo.

Agree about Ozil over Modric, but I reckon Modric will be the cheaper option at the end of the season.

99% sure about Silva staying? I hope you're right (as long as he wants to stay), but I doubt very much that the club would turn down a big offer for almost any player other than Vinny and Zaba.

If (as rumoured) RM are interested in Silva, it wouldn't surprise me to see a major swap deal being negotiated... (before you say it, I don't want to see that twat here, but if that's what it takes...)

Lavinda Past said:
Body language is everything - Just like Aguero and Tevez... not entirely happy bunnies imo.

In Silva's and Aguero's case, I think their sometimes less than happy appearance is due to frustration. They both know we could be and do so much better and Aguero in particular works his socks off every time he's on the pitch. Thye both realize we are not working in an optimal manner tactically.
As for Tevez I just think he emotionally and inspirationally numb, has been since the Munich event. He'll always do his best though, can't take that away from him. But would he ever put in a shift for Mancini? No way.

Agree about Ozil over Modric, but I reckon Modric will be the cheaper option at the end of the season.

Ozil would be fantastic, but his arrival here would mean David continue to play on the wings. Unless of course Mancini remains here and then Ozil could very well be used as a winger.
Modric would be very good in our central midfield, as he was for Tottenham. But Ozil is twice the player.[/quote]

Joehannes said:
Matt the Giant said:
ElanJo said:

How many league games has Milner played all season? Had a very good January QPR aside but can't remember him putting in any performances of note outside of Jana nd Liverpool last week.
IIRC he when he finally got games this season he got injured, came back and got injured again. Only now has he started to get regular games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.