David Silva...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Silva - best since Bell?

blinkblue said:
I think Nasri is as good.
I do.

I think Silva and Nasri are as good at football as each other but they have different qualities.

MOTM for me today too

That chance though towards the end when he squared it to Yaya instead of shooting himself was annoying

Through 1on1 with the 'keeper AND HE PASSED THE BALL TO A MARKED MAN?! Don't know what planet his brain ventures to when it's time for him to shoot...he's bizarre!

Bizarre, but also an absolute magician of a player the whole rest of the time away from shooting. A pleasure to watch him. Him and Nasri are worth the money alone for some games.

The clean on chance he failed to shoot reminded me of one in the 2011 Cup Final. After the Dzecko miss we really did tempt the gods with our improvidence.

I was lucky enough to see Colin Bell in his pomp & I have to say he is still the best player I have ever seen in a city shirt, you could put him in any position on the pitch & he would not look out of place, amazing stamina, great passer, as tough as anyone on the pitch & a natural goalscorer, such as shame he got injured when he did, I think I am right in saying we finished second to Liverpool by one point the year after he got injured & Bell was worth a lot more than one point a season,
David Silver is second only to Bell as the best all round player I have seen in a city shirt & although it is a completley different game to when Bell was playing if he stays with us a few more years & we win things with him in midfield he may even draw level with king Colin,
As a matter of interest my dad watched city from the early 30s to the late 90s & he could never decide between Peter Doherty & Colin Bell as the best player he had seen in a city shirt, sadly he never got to see David Silver.

piffy on a rock bun said:
I was lucky enough to see Colin Bell in his pomp & I have to say he is still the best player I have ever seen in a city shirt, you could put him in any position on the pitch & he would not look out of place, amazing stamina, great passer, as tough as anyone on the pitch & a natural goalscorer, such as shame he got injured when he did, I think I am right in saying we finished second to Liverpool by one point the year after he got injured & Bell was worth a lot more than one point a season,
David Silver is second only to Bell as the best all round player I have seen in a city shirt & although it is a completley different game to when Bell was playing if he stays with us a few more years & we win things with him in midfield he may even draw level with king Colin,
As a matter of interest my dad watched city from the early 30s to the late 90s & he could never decide between Peter Doherty & Colin Bell as the best player he had seen in a city shirt, sadly he never got to see David Silver.

Agree 100%. Bell was just amazing (the best player I have ever seen in 50 + years of watching). Silva is brilliant, but will never come close unless he grows an extra pair of lungs and scores a lot lore goals.

Bluestones said:
piffy on a rock bun said:

Agree 100%. Bell was just amazing (the best player I have ever seen in 50 + years of watching). Silva is brilliant, but will never come close unless he grows an extra pair of lungs and scores a lot lore goals.

Those goals ain't going to come if he doesn't start pulling the trigger! Don't understand his reluctance to shoot sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.