David Silva...

Status
Not open for further replies.
City's most valuable player IMO Top top player sublime skill, boundless energy, supreme commitment that some other squad members would do well to emulate and worth every penny Sheikh Mansour pays him.

David was absolutely brilliant today and certainly spearheaded a great result. He and Fernandinho totally controlled the midfield throughout the game which was pivotal after the loss of Vincent Kompany at the 10 minute mark. Silva scored his goal wthin 4 minutes of being down to 10 which certainly gave heart to the men in blue who did a yeoman job for the 83 minutes they played down to 10 men.

what I would love to see is Silva having more cracks on goal. He was amazing today, but how many times have we screamed at him to take a pop when he has the ball on the edge of the penalty area, only to then try and weave it through the eye of a 10 man defence. He has almost seemed relucant to give it a crack and hope his confidence with todays strike makes him up his strike rate.

Quite possibly the best performance from Merlin in a City shirt to date; it had everything you could wish for from a creative midfielder.

A world-class goal, a sublime pass to set up Edin Džeko for the second and creative brilliance in abundance.

He also put in a great shift defending today, obviously a necessity, given the circumstance of losing Kompany so early on. It has to be said that David always does his fair share of defending. Indeed, he was recently listed among the top five interceptors at City.

A master-class in how to play creative-midfield today. Long may it continue.

One of the best all round footballing performances I've ever seen. His balance and close control are superb but his reading of the game is phenomenal, he knows exactly when he can control the ball out in front of him and start moving forward and knows when he needs to kill it dead. His work rate was unbelievable, frequently chasing three men and always getting back over to the left to cover Clichy. Even still, he had the energy left to drift inside and pick two brilliant passes for Dzeko, who thankfully buried the second opportunity. He ran the game, a truly magnificent player.

I have been going since 1971 and will say, David Silva is the best i have seen. The man is Superb and puts a shift in every week, the goal today was quality and his pass to Dzeko for the second was sublime....He was the best Spanish player on the park on Wed night and it is my pleasure to watch this Gentleman play Football for the team I love, long may it continue...ps..As a kid my favourite was Francis Lee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.