David Villa is now available......

kiam06

Valencia have failed to qualify for the champions league which to me means David Villa will be leaving, we need to flex our muscle and put a serious bid in for him.

Also the papers are saying we are after Arteta and Lescott, what do people think of this? I personally would have Lescott but don't really want Arteta as I don't think he is much of an improvement on what we already have in that position.

Wouldn't say no to Arteta could play him in a holding role spraying the passes, if not anything else signing those 2 would weaken our strongest rival (Unless they spend the money wisely).

I know its from TFM and people are split on his authenticity but he stated last night that we had lodged a bid with Valencia for Albiol as well.

Take it or leave it Im just passing on relevant info from elsewhere, not info of my own.*
*(lol Hope that will do as a disclaimer before I get lynched)

I'm not a stats man but I'm sure Arteta has banged a few free kicks into the back of the net this season which is something we've not been doing at all.

mr t said:
I'm not a stats man but I'm sure Arteta has banged a few free kicks into the back of the net this season which is something we've not been doing at all.
We've had a couple, Robbie and Garrido.

Anyway, who would say no to Villa? I think we can get him too.

The time is now for our owners to step up and get us players like David Villa, I don't care about all this 'he wants to stay in Spain' crap, if we offer the right deal for himself and his club he will be a City player.

I wouldn'tlet Everton rip us off for Lescott though, maybe 7- 10 milllion max. Arteta would be 5 mil plus Jo. We don't want to throw money at them.

David Villa is quality but we need to make sure we're not paying too much. He's probably JUST reached his peak, being around 27/28 now? So we can't be paying like 80m for a player we can only get the best out of for like 2/3 years max. I mean, look at Berbaflop?

kiam06 said:
The time is now for our owners to step up and get us players like David Villa, I don't care about all this 'he wants to stay in Spain' crap, if we offer the right deal for himself and his club he will be a City player.

I wouldn'tlet Everton rip us off for Lescott though, maybe 7- 10 milllion max. Arteta would be 5 mil plus Jo. We don't want to throw money at them.

Er - Jo cost us 18m so 5m plus Jo = 23m - that is throwing money at them.

Guillem Ballague reckons he's off to Madrid

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guillembalague.com/rumores_desp.php?id=200&titulo=Madrid%20move%20to%20beat%20Man%20City%20and%20Barca%20to%20Villa%20capture" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guillembalague.com/rumores_d ... %20capture</a>

says city have met his representatives though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.