David Villa is now available......

MattyBlue20 said:
If we are going to raid Valancia I can only think of a few players suitable for us, I've watched almost all of their televised games this season and here is a little list.

David Villa (45million)
Raul Albiol (20million) Too expensive £15m tops.
Sunny (15million)
Joaquin (20million) - Never worth that Silva is better and younger.
Total (100million) and some great squad assests

kiam06 said:
mr t said:
kiam06 said:
The time is now for our owners to step up and get us players like David Villa, I don't care about all this 'he wants to stay in Spain' crap, if we offer the right deal for himself and his club he will be a City player.

I wouldn'tlet Everton rip us off for Lescott though, maybe 7- 10 milllion max. Arteta would be 5 mil plus Jo. We don't want to throw money at them.

Er - Jo cost us 18m so 5m plus Jo = 23m - that is throwing money at them.

Yes but join the real world for a minute, what do you think Jo is worth now?

In the real world - a straight swop for Lescott.

Rammyblues said:
One good thing is, if Barca do sign Villa we should be able to get Eto'o so its a win win.

I think this is what the meeting was about between Cook and Barca the other week we wouldn't get involved in a bidding war as long as we were allowed to have a sensible bid for Eto o. Don't believe Madrid have no money, they are already talking of taking Kaka and Trannie to them estimated cost 140m.

In the past Madrid have been bankrolled but with the current economic crisis I don't think they will have their usual spending power, the only way they will spend £140m is if they sell and make most of it back. The media in Spain are reporting a clear out, Higuain, Ramos, Huntelaar etc will be going.

mr t said:
You've got to be joking.

A player who can't get anywhere near our team and isn't rated at all by Everton fans in a straight swap for one of their most important and consistent performers over the last two years?????

Forget what we paid for him; that's now completely irrelevant as we clearly got shafted. He's probably worth 8m max on the open market now. It would have to be Jo plus 5m to get Everton to even think about it.

mr t said:
kiam06 said:
mr t said:
kiam06 said:
The time is now for our owners to step up and get us players like David Villa, I don't care about all this 'he wants to stay in Spain' crap, if we offer the right deal for himself and his club he will be a City player.

I wouldn'tlet Everton rip us off for Lescott though, maybe 7- 10 milllion max. Arteta would be 5 mil plus Jo. We don't want to throw money at them.

Er - Jo cost us 18m so 5m plus Jo = 23m - that is throwing money at them.

Yes but join the real world for a minute, what do you think Jo is worth now?

Okay mate, next you will be wanting to swap Berti for Messi. Jo is poor and at best is worth 5-7m, we messed up big time paying £20m so we have to look at getting what we can for him, nobody will pay near £20m and in fairness to Lescott he has proved to be a £15m defender at least.

David Villa won't be joining us, he has already said he wants to remain in Spain unfortunately for us money isn't everything in this case. Now if Barcelona get their man then Eto'o becomes more likely but could be a real struggle to convince him to join us after winning the champions league. No matter what spin we put on it, it is a real step down for him, and would be amazed if no other champions league team make him an offer.

BlueMoonWalker said:
David Villa won't be joining us, he has already said he wants to remain in Spain unfortunately for us money isn't everything in this case. Now if Barcelona get their man then Eto'o becomes more likely but could be a real struggle to convince him to join us after winning the champions league. No matter what spin we put on it, it is a real step down for him, and would be amazed if no other champions league team make him an offer.

I think you are wrong mate, money will have a massive influence on his choice of clubs, same with Eto'o. Eto'o has won it all now and will be looking for a new challenge, Villa will be looking to fill his pockets and to help Valencia out.

kiam06 said:
BlueMoonWalker said:

I think you are wrong mate, money will have a massive influence on his choice of clubs, same with Eto'o. Eto'o has won it all now and will be looking for a new challenge, Villa will be looking to fill his pockets and to help Valencia out.
This idea of Villa wanting to help Valencia out is all very nice in theory, but will he actually go through with it to the detriment of his own career?

When it comes to the crunch and there's a 35m bid on the table from Barca at 100k a week and a 45m bid from City at 140k a week, I'm sure he'll force Valencia's hand into taking Barca's offer.

kiam06 said:
Valencia have failed to qualify for the champions league which to me means David Villa will be leaving, we need to flex our muscle and put a serious bid in for him.

Also the papers are saying we are after Arteta and Lescott, what do people think of this? I personally would have Lescott but don't really want Arteta as I don't think he is much of an improvement on what we already have in that position.

It's like this kiam.

Arteta would be a fantastic signing if it came off , which is doubtful ....... he's articulate , bosses midfield , passes accurately and plays well HOME AND AWAY , adds a few goals too ...... and he's been more than instrumental in Evertons fairly consistent displays over the last few seasons.

Lescott is half decent ...... not a great defender , but certainly not a bad one ...... gives his all and scores goals too ....... and would be a useful aqcuisition ...... however i think that there certainly are better defenders around in the world than him if i'm honest.

David Villa would be a great signing ..... he ran England ragged in that friendly , was a constant thorn in the England defence ...... plays consistently well for Valencia too and scores plenty of goals ....... BUT , and it's a big BUT ........ he's ALWAYS played in Spain and definetely WANTS to stay there , if at all possible ...... if not at Valencia , then preferably at Real Madrid or Barca ......... any club from anywhere else who manages to buy this player would have to do a lot of convincing , an pay a shedload of money ...... and i doubt if he'd come here if there were other more suitable options ...... just my opinion of course though!

chorleybloo123 said:
MattyBlue20 said:
If we are going to raid Valancia I can only think of a few players suitable for us, I've watched almost all of their televised games this season and here is a little list.

David Villa (45million)
Raul Albiol (20million) Too expensive £15m tops.
Sunny (15million)
Joaquin (20million) - Never worth that Silva is better and younger.
Total (100million) and some great squad assests
chorley bloo u have forgot one of the best lbs in europe marchena

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.