David Villa is now available......

kiam06 said:
Valencia have failed to qualify for the champions league
So have we.

There more chance of me signing for City than David Villa joining us.

A big yes to Lescott and Arteta though. You're seriously undervaluing them at 7m and 5m. You don't even get half a Kevin Davies for that much nowadays.

Edit: just noticed it was 5m plus Jo, not 5m on its own. Still, Everton would be certifiably insane to take that deal. No Everton fans rate Jo, yet they all love Arteta.

mr t said:
kiam06 said:
The time is now for our owners to step up and get us players like David Villa, I don't care about all this 'he wants to stay in Spain' crap, if we offer the right deal for himself and his club he will be a City player.

I wouldn'tlet Everton rip us off for Lescott though, maybe 7- 10 milllion max. Arteta would be 5 mil plus Jo. We don't want to throw money at them.

Er - Jo cost us 18m so 5m plus Jo = 23m - that is throwing money at them.

Yes but join the real world for a minute, what do you think Jo is worth now?

Dubai Blue said:
kiam06 said:
So have we.

A big yes to Lescott and Arteta though. You're seriously undervaluing them at 7m and 5m. You don't even get half a Kevin Davies for that much nowadays.

But we are not about to go bankrupt, the only thing that might have kept him there would have been Champions League. They need to sell now, that is my point.

kiam06 said:
They need to sell now, that is my point.
Plenty of big Champions League teams will be interested in him. Can't see us winning that particular race. He can just force Valencia to accept a lower figure from a team he actually wants to join.

Dubai Blue said:
kiam06 said:
They need to sell now, that is my point.
Plenty of big Champions League teams will be interested in him. Can't see us winning that particular race. He can just force Valencia to accept a lower figure from a team he actually wants to join.

I know what you are saying but he has stated in the past that he would accept the best offer for Valencia and not for himself. I agree it will be tough to persuade him if the likes of Barca enter the race but that is what our owners have to step up and do.

One good thing is, if Barca do sign Villa we should be able to get Eto'o so its a win win.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
I know its from TFM and people are split on his authenticity but he stated last night that we had lodged a bid with Valencia for Albiol as well.

Take it or leave it Im just passing on relevant info from elsewhere, not info of my own.*
*(lol Hope that will do as a disclaimer before I get lynched)

*refrains from lynching*

Villa is a stong possibility, but I understnd fans' doubts about City signing him.

Money talks in situations like this. Madrid and Barca haven't got that much money and other teams can't afford him.

Madrid: If they sign Kaka (60+m) (and Ribery 30-40mil) then no chance will they be able to bid another 40-50+ million for Villa.

Barca: Obviously the favourites to sign him in my mind with all indications pointing toward a stay in Spain, BUT......

...I seriously think this is a strong possibility if we sell the club, the dream and the prospects this summer and for the immediate and long term future.

Dubai Blue said:
kiam06 said:
So have we.

Edit: just noticed it was 5m plus Jo, not 5m on its own. Still, Everton would be certifiably insane to take that deal. No Everton fans rate Jo, yet they all love Arteta.

What you like up front and can you play the lone striker role???? Just wondering if we had some sort of exclusive?

If we are going to raid Valancia I can only think of a few players suitable for us, I've watched almost all of their televised games this season and here is a little list.

David Villa (45million)
Raul Albiol (20million)
Sunny (15million)
Joaquin (20million)
Total (100million) and some great squad assests

One good thing is, if Barca do sign Villa we should be able to get Eto'o so its a win win.

I think this is what the meeting was about between Cook and Barca the other week we wouldn't get involved in a bidding war as long as we were allowed to have a sensible bid for Eto o. Don't believe Madrid have no money, they are already talking of taking Kaka and Trannie to them estimated cost 140m.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.